1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for an Arcade Game

Discussion in 'General Arcade Chat' started by pinballjah, Feb 19, 2020.

1. pinballjah

pinballjah Active Member

I am looking to purchase an arcade game to go along with the pinball collection. Looking for something that plays all the old games from the 80s. Any suggestions on the best product that may meet my needs? Rather buy used if possible. Like to keep budget at about $1k. Thanks for the advice.

2. Locutus

Locutus New Member

Lots of mame machines on kijiji. Or you can build you own. Just takes a little know how and time (because everyone has tons of extra time right?)

3. pinballjah

pinballjah Active Member

What you think? $950 on kijiji, made new thanks

Attached Files:

4. Locutus

Locutus New Member

You can build for a lot cheaper, but again, you need to be honest with your own level of capability (design/ carpentry/ computer and software) and amount of time.
    Looks like the build that is quoted is for a two player... do you want 2 or 4? spinner? track ball? light guns? you can go crazy with this stuff.
    All the software is "free" online. I've designed and built a mame pedestal cabinet and have both a hyperspin and launch box/ big box set ups. 4 player, spinner, trackball, a separate 4 way joystick for retro games. More than happy to go through the process with you.
    Again, to build it's a hobby. If you want a "turn key", you'll just have to decide what you want and how much you are willing to spend.
    The software definitely has some hiccups in it. I like that the person you received the quote from is offering support.
    Again, more than happy to help support the community. let me know how I can help!

5. pinballjah

pinballjah Active Member

Thanks for the reply. I don't really have the time to figure all this stuff out and buy the parts, etc. Just wondering what people think of this set up and if ok value for the price. I hadn't thought about the trackball. Thanks for the suggestions.