• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Daily News! All about the members.

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
I'd like to say Thank You to Walt Brewmaster for supporting a fellow member and allowing me to see and play his wonderful selection of pinball machines on Wednesday. I had a lot of fun and this was my first time to get to play any of those titles. Thank you for the great experience and showing me your amazing collection!

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Time to resurrect this thread. Spent some time on a rainy afternoon in the basement with my son fixing games. I've been spending a lot of time painting cabinets for others, that my own collection felt neglected. No board work or major issues, just little things that accumulate. Rollergames got a new shooter assembly and alignment so that plunges are more apt to "Go for the Wall" as they are supposed to. Buccaneer needed a bunch of little adjustments. Since I'm new at the whole EM thing, reading a schematic to solve issues just really makes me proud. Boy does the switch adjustment tool become the most important tool in your arsenal when EMs are in the collection.

I need to follow in Drano's footsteps and organize an EM scoreboard...I went from none, to three in the gameroom in two months, as well as two more in the garage under restoration. Folks say EM love is a fad, but I'm really digging them. Need to publicly display the scores somehow...

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I started tearing down TOTAN last night and here is one of the main reasons why I don't miss selling games anymore. I can't believe there was a time I was doing this at least once every other month in 2013!

21968396495_d812689ba4_c.jpg

21347256143_347b2009f8_c.jpg

21345658574_7f085102a0_c.jpg

Drano should hopefully be popping by tonight after he puts his kids to bed to help me pull the playfield out and move the game upstairs to my living room to be re-setup for new owner to see. It's been fun having it for nearly 4 years but time to bring in another game I want back more. I've been pretty good and last game I sold was almost a year ago otherwise my line up has been pretty static and will likely remain this way after I bring in my new game to put the final nail in the coffin so I don't have to go through this anymore :rolleyes:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Yep I remember those days, taking the heads off DMD's to move them.

Then I moved and said F that! My plan for the future, I won't even have to dead lift a game anymore to set it up. Gonna roll my penguin dolly up to the back of the van, load it on, and put the legs on that way.

Same thing for disassemble, up on the dolly, back legs off, slide into the van, front legs off.

figure that method will be able to carry me into my geriatric years :D

Reactions: brad808

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Sweet Mike! Nicely done. Looking forward to 1 more pin in and your "static" basement.

So, after an about a 3 month hiatus from writing and posting online, it is time to get back to it for a busy fall up until a $10k+ Christmas...

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Moved everything, in a similar idea to Spiro. I had 4 on one wall, 4 on another with one floating relatively homeless.

To my delight, by moving the EMs to the opposite side, I was able to get 7 on the other wall. It's tight for sure and Fireball Classic sticks out a tiny bit, but I can now get all the glass out without moving anything.

And I'll have all nine running for Pinball for Change. :)

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Booted up TZ this weekend for a quick game and noticed that the powerfield magnets weren't working when I got up there. I'd seen this happen once before, but it went away so I didn't think much of it. Second time in the same game though and I pulled the glass off to see what was up. Turned out that the magnets worked, the diverter worked, but the powerfield entry switch wasn't registering, which I guessed was required to enable the magnets. Adjusted the arm and it worked fine again. Quick and easy fix, but one of those times when it pays to be able to think like a programmer I suppose.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
I stopped hunting today.

I could and I would...
But I shan't so I won't...

The hunt is over. Fait de complete.

Best of luck. I'm about 2 years out of it now, and I still get yearning pains when I see postings. It's a terrible addiction. I just keep telling myself "You want it, but you don't need it. And maybe upright those 6 that have been on their backs in storage for the past 4 years...." ;-)

Che

Mar 19, 2015
Waterloo
Had to reorganize the game room a bit recently for one more pin coming in.
A section of the room that had 3 pins now has 4 (could fit 5 in a pinch I suppose, but with the adjacent shuffleboard it's necessary to angle the last 2 pins for glass removal, so 4 is a nicer fit).

So now the room stands at 6 (+1, but that's another story).

Somewhere in the not so distant past when there were no pins, a faint voice could be heard saying 'I have room for 2'. What was that guy thinking!?!