• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The first step is admitting I have a problem

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
At least I think that's the first step. Maybe the first step is to get really drunk? I forget. Anyway..

I bought my first pinball machine in July of 2014. I just picked up a Rollergames last weekend which makes #17. I personally lean towards the late 80's/early 90's machines, but they're all good. I would like to get an EM or two. I just haven't run across the right one at the right price yet.

Machines I have up and running:
Strange Science
Hardbody
Motordome
Tales from the Crypt
Hollywood Heat
Batman Forever
The Lost World Jurassic Park
Riverboat Gambler
Comet
Alien Poker

Machines in the workshop to be touched up or tinkered with:
Rollergames - Plays fine, a little dirty, but needs some cabinet repair near the coin door.
Meteor - Needs some touch up paint.
Skateball - Needs touchup paint and some tinkering.
Panthera - Needs cleaning and a little paint.
Road Kings - This needs a bit of work but will clean up nicely.

Machines on the back burner:
Sinbad - This was rethemed poorly for some Linux software company. I'm going to re-retheme it as Killer Klowns from Outer Space just for the hell of it.

Hot Hand - This thing is a mess. It was free so no big deal. I think I'm going to turn it into a virtual pin.

So that's my story so far.

Reactions: kvoxx and WARLOCK

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Welcome! Always nice to have some fresh blood... and another Bally 6803 aficionado no less :)

Looking forward to hearing more!

Reactions: WARLOCK

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Welcome Seven, pinball is a slippery slope and never say never in this hobby because you will always end up eating your own words.

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
17 pins in one year... well done my friend and welcome to the club. You should fit in just fine around here! :)

D

I've actually bought 18. I owned a Royal Flush Deluxe for 48 hours.

I already have the next one. Cue Ball Wizard. It's been arranged. I just need to drive to the states and pick it up. I think I'm going to put that one at my work. It's a good pin for light players I think.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Nice, so you're not the only one that brings games to work! I just finished doing a quick shop job on an F14 yesterday here on my lunch hours, and tomorrow a T2 will be coming in and a TZ right behind it. Gotta maximize my time somehow!

D

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
Well, this will be the first machine I bring in. The owner of the company and I have been talking about it for a few months. We talked about the company buying one, but I'm running out of space at home right now, so I figured I'd just use the office as "storage". It worked out well because the owner said he'd paid me a kind of leasing fee on the machine.

Getting paid to store my machine AND be able to play it. I'm all over that.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Nice. I didn't even ask the owners about bringing in a machine... (long story) But we have a large mechanical room out in the warehouse that I could easily fit 3 pins in to work on, so I made an executive decision. :)

So far the owners don't seem to mind...

D

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
I'm going to put one machine in our least used as a boardroom boardroom. We have an xbox, playstation, projector, 50" LED, and a mini fridge with beer in there. People use it as a breakroom. I could probably fit two in there if I really wanted.

We will see how the first one goes over.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
3 pins in my Toronto office, 2 classic vids in my kitchen @ my TO office. (Used to be 30+ folded in my warehouse there)
Plus 12 classic vids and a few pins on legs. Long story short, my business partner and staff complained, even though I share.

Anyway, going to put a 60-1 and a pin like JD, JM, or DM in my Niagara office. And maybe a Bally slot and a tabletop 138-1.
3-5 devices in a business seems to be ok, but the warehouse folded and on leg pins and vids seemed to get no love from staff though.

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto
I'm going to put one machine in our least used as a boardroom boardroom. We have an xbox, playstation, projector, 50" LED, and a mini fridge with beer in there. People use it as a breakroom. I could probably fit two in there if I really wanted.

We will see how the first one goes over.

I'm clearly working for the wrong company!