• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The OFFICIAL "Hey, I got a new machine" thread

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
Not really new, but finally cleaned and setup yesterday. This is the Volley I got few months back. I had to wait for a nice day so I could take it outside and attack it with an airhose and shopvac. It used to live in a cabinet makers workshop and it was filled with sawdust.

All the coil label adhesive had dried up on the labels in the backbox and the labels were sitting in the bottom of the cabinet. If anyone has a volley, I'd love pictures so I know where all these go.

Today I'm cleaning the cabinet, replacing all the rubber, fixing a few burned out bulbs, giving it a wax, and it should be good as new.

volley-05.jpg volley-06.jpg volley-07.jpg volley-08.jpg

Reactions: kvoxx and WARLOCK

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
I'm Happy to say I have my second pinball and a proud owner of a beautiful Starship Troopers previously owned by Revolution.
Thank you to Brock, Mike and everyone in the forums for always being friendly, helpful and inviting.

K1024_IMG_9936.JPG

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I am glad you ended up with this game Kev and bonus you actually like the movie and theme too!

Let me know when you a ready for your 3rd pin ;)

Reactions: WARLOCK and kvoxx

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
I am glad you ended up with this game Kev and bonus you actually like the movie and theme too!

Let me know when you a ready for your 3rd pin ;)

I love it! :) I'm actually rewatching the trilogy today :D
It will be awhile but I'm sure I will want a 3rd ;)

Reactions: WARLOCK

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Starship Troopers is a fun game. It also has the best match sequence of almost any game (second only to Breakshot with the ice cube and nipples).

Someone did a brain bug modification that put a bulb inside the bug. Are you planing on doing that?

I haven't seen it yet but I'll be sure to look it up. I was planning on putting in LEDs and upgrading the rom chips.

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
I haven't seen it yet but I'll be sure to look it up. I was planning on putting in LEDs and upgrading the rom chips.

After I bought mine someone linked me to a thread on pinside about it. There are a couple flashers under the playfield that are supposed to light the brain bug when he pops up. The lights aren't positioned well so they don't really work as intended.

Someone had the idea to move those lights into the bug itself. It looked pretty cool.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...b-past-present-and-future/page/8#post-2978539

Reactions: WARLOCK and kvoxx

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
After I bought mine someone linked me to a thread on pinside about it. There are a couple flashers under the playfield that are supposed to light the brain bug when he pops up. The lights aren't positioned well so they don't really work as intended.

Someone had the idea to move those lights into the bug itself. It looked pretty cool.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/t...b-past-present-and-future/page/8#post-2978539

Thanks for the link! I'm not sure about lighting up the brain bug but I do love the idea about adding lights to the cannons to light up the bottom playfield.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I don't mind a few well placed LEDs in an EM pin to highlight a few key inserts. My C37 has purple and green inserts highlighted.
I'm not a fan of coloured LEDs inside pop bumper caps though. I think that's taking it too far IMO.