• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The Rules of the Game

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
The Rules of the Game.

All the rules are here:
Comment carefully. (I suggest)

Answer as the pro's who know; and do so well. (Don't speculate)

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I would like the experts opion on what to charge my postal carrier to fix her Power Play.
If its minor. Probably free and a week of play or major (board repair) could mean asking for $ but how much?

I usually don't charge over cost but that was for my barber and we have known him a long time 30+ years.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Menace is our best local tech to Bluffs in Scarborough. It is no secret that we are good friends. Menace is $50 an hour (if and when he has time to help) plus travel, and I pay him that rate just like everyone else does. Worth every penny when I am out of my league on repairs.

Friends helping friends is generally free for advice online and when we are learning and working on pin repairs, free at Bluffs for example.

I consider myself a $25 an hour tech compared to Menace and I am ok, but would not do calls yet or sell my services. Too busy and I don't troubleshoot nearly as quickly as someone who is twice my rate. I will fix my own pins with help from friends first, and once we have 100 under our collective belts repaired, I will consider myself barely competent.

About 6 pin repairs are out of my league currently and my *local* friends league's, other than Menace. We will wait on availability for them.
Cooke in London, McMean in Peterpatch and Grauwulf in Guelph, Sylvain in Ottawa and RAB in Montreal are all awesome techs you can hire if they have the time and you are local enough.

Doug at Player 1 does service calls, is a friend and is very good.
I hear Al Patterson is good, but I don't have the pleasure of knowing him.

Not sure if this is too long winded, but there you have it.
I suspect, you are free on this one if you can do the repair.

Last edited:

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Got a contact for this person?
"Grauwulf in Guelph"

Search member Grauwulf here. Send him a PM. James. Very good friend. Like a brother. Same as with Menace. (Doug)
Mad skills like Doug but same thing as Menace; you need to be patient to have them do calls as they both work very busy schedules.