• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The THANKS-giving thread

hippochrome

Nov 19, 2012
Ottawa
I just noticed this thread for the first time...wow, what a great community! Such a nice read.

My most recent thanks to Scott and Adriano for one of the most pleasant and easy pinball purchases of all time. Awesome meeting you guys! My 4th JM....this one may be the keeper ;)

Thanks to Dave Astill for the two before that. Your machines have always been in great running order and bulletproof, also really great talking pinball with you when we meet!

Thanks to the entire Ottawa crew for the constant support and invites over to your places to play your games and share a few laughs (I dont make it out much since having kids, but the invites are still much appreciated)
Shoutouts to: Duane, Jason, Cait, Sensfreak, Medvet, Bret, Steph, Pinhead, Lee, Mursky, Zack, monty, Sylvain, Tom, Drew, Loafer, and the rest of the OPL, you guys are all awesome and have made this hobby a wonderful experience!

Thanks to the Montreal crew for starting me on this crazy hobby! and the West of Ottawa crew (London, Toronto, Peterborough...and all those other towns out there) for helping to keep it going strong!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
hippochrome said:
I just noticed this thread for the first time...wow, what a great community! Such a nice read.

My most recent thanks to Scott and Adriano for one of the most pleasant and easy pinball purchases of all time. Awesome meeting you guys! My 4th JM....this one may be the keeper ;)

Thanks to Dave Astill for the two before that. Your machines have always been in great running order and bulletproof, also really great talking pinball with you when we meet!

Thanks to the entire Ottawa crew for the constant support and invites over to your places to play your games and share a few laughs (I dont make it out much since having kids, but the invites are still much appreciated)
Shoutouts to: Duane, Jason, Cait, Sensfreak, Medvet, Bret, Steph, Pinhead, Lee, Mursky, Zack, monty, Sylvain, Tom, Drew, Loafer, and the rest of the OPL, you guys are all awesome and have made this hobby a wonderful experience!

Thanks to the Montreal crew for starting me on this crazy hobby! and the West of Ottawa crew (London, Toronto, Peterborough...and all those other towns out there) for helping to keep it going strong!

Very well said sir, and a pleasure to finally meet you. The Ottawa crew are a great group, and after 3 years attending the Ottawa Show, it is now a "benchmark" September event where we can see so many friends and collector's from Montreal-Ottawa-Gatineau, Ontario, Quebec and the GTA and beyond. (We do have friends who travel from the US to this show too.)
The other main event is Allentown in early May where the same thing happens. We can see Ottawa-Montreal-GTA, Ontario and Quebec members all descend upon Allentown to meet up.

For new collectors reading or wanting to participate, these are the 2 events I recommend that are "must-do's".

3 years ago at the Ottawa Show, I was pretty new to this hobby as well and thanks to all the great Ottawa-Gatineau and Montreal members (and everywhere in-between) I started to feel comfortable as time passed; attending and participating in these gatherings. Shout-outs to all who keep helping each other out and making this a great hobby. Great "shout-out" list of members Greg, and I owe personal thanks to all off those fine members mentioned, plus many others in the Ottawa area.) Cheers. Salut.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I wrote a long part 1 chapter in Tales and it turned into a thank-you.
http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10989&p=147919
A few people I need to thank as good friends and "advisors" in this journey require acknowlegement.

Thanks to Kathleen (My wife) for knowing her good friend Walt, and saying "no" to a cottage. Pins!
Thanks to Walt (Brewmanager) for making me be a part of, and having me interact with this fine group.
Thanks to Ian (Sparky) for knowing when we needed to save something, and when to let some things go.
Thanks to Menace and monkeybug (whose advice is always sound, and heard) even though I stray from the path.
Thanks to Wong for enabling me as one of the very first, and getting me "into" more and more adventures. I blame Wong.
Thanks to Drano for being my sponsor, for without whom, neither of us could fall off the wagon quite so damn often.
Thanks To R.A.B. for making me aware of the history of this hobby, and for making me think and speak about it.
Thanks to Jason (Williams Fan) for friendship + letting me know that I "always was paying retail" for pins.
Thanks to ME (Medvet) for letting me know that I was on the right path and knew the "good guys".

Thanks to the London, Ottawa, Peterborough, Durham, KW (Tri-County), GTA, Montreal and Gatineau crews who are always so welcoming.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Gotta send a shout out to Williamsfan for a big assist on grabbing me a pin that was in his backyard.

Thanks dude!

in2pin

Dec 11, 2014
Georgetown, ON
I'm new here and just getting my feet wet:
Thanks to all for making me feel welcome.
Thanks to Warlock for ALL his good advice.
Thanks to Luch for inviting me to his tournament.
Thanks to singlezero for some good input as well.

Reactions: luch

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Thanks to Speedy and Milkman for delivering 2 vids and a pin to me in Scarberia @ 5am Sunday morning.
Thanks to Brewmanager for guarding said items in a secret parking lot until I arrived with a truck @ 5:30am.
Thanks to tommyv for all the parts that will go to great use.

Thanks to in2pin and kvoxx who are asking great questions about Pinball, especially EM's and SS's.

Last edited:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
thanks to warlock for taking the pingulps! you left the rest of with nothing . ;)

Quick Brock... where's the "You Snooze You Lose" award? :cool:

I secretely suspect Scott has a secret bat signal or something whenever a FS post is made

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Congrats to Cait on Target Alpha. Thank you for the trade and your patience.
Thank you to a friend of a friend for a woodrail in Ottawa. She will be restored.
Thanks to Sparky as usual, for getting me into "trouble" and out of it regularly.

Thanks to Drano, and Sylvain for suggestions to help CJBob with his new BOPP.

Thanks To Murrsky and Williams Fan for your regular efforts in moving pins around.
Thanks to Tinyrodent for your patience for a pickup of a pin bought long, long ago.

Last edited:

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Secret parking lot...I'm lovin' it! A memorable morning for sure! Amazing what we accomplished before the sun was up!

Hey Luch - pingulps are available from Starburst and pbl as well I believe! ;)

Thanks to Speedy and Milkman for delivering 2 vids and a pin to me in Scarberia @ 5am Sunday morning.
Thanks to Brewmanager for guarding said items in a secret parking lot until I arrived with a truck @ 5:30ak.
Thanks to tommyv for all the parts that will go to great use.

Thanks to in2pin and kvoxx who are asking great questions about Pinball, especially EM's and SS's.
g

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Do tell as I'd like a cheaper option but I haven't been able to figure out where to get the materials.

You can buy the actual cup holders from Suzo Happ for $5.80/each or $5.20/each if you buy 10.

27-1422-00_fv.jpg

http://na.suzohapp.com/all_catalogs/accessories/27-1422-00

You then just have to fabricate your own metal mounting bracket or you could outsource to a local metal shop knock off an existing one from your pingulp.

pingulp.rev.a.jpg

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I think I bought a box of 20 holders from Happ a couple years ago when they had a decent sale going. Then I had the same pingulp mounts made up and e-coated. Tap the holes for the type of screw you want to use, and assemble.

Maybe I'll add a thread to my section to show how I did mine.

D