• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The THANKS-giving thread

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Thanks-Giving back to Allentown... Thanks to Cooke, Menace and Drano for advice on pricing; my game ended up fetching more than I was hoping to get thanks to them. Thanks to Cooke for making the intro to the eventual buyer. Thanks to High Speed Tom for play testing the game a mere half-hour before the sale to identify and help diagnose a lazy left flipper (which was quickly corrected with a few minor adjustments).

Another great weekend in Allentown with GTA, London and MTL pinball friends. Already looking forward to next year!

goomba

Aug 30, 2013
GTA
Mike (once again) hooked me up with Scott for my first EM, Jacks Open! Thanks Mike, thanks Scott :) It's great to be able to get games from within the local pinball community.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Mike (once again) hooked me up with Scott for my first EM, Jacks Open! Thanks Mike, thanks Scott :) It's great to be able to get games from within the local pinball community.

Anytime Mario and glad to have popped both your DMD and EM cherries :p

Reactions: goomba

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
Sending out thanks to those who have helped me over time, both with finding my collection, and as recently as yesterday for helping physically move the collection.

You all know who you are, and the bbq will be going in the future for all of you.

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
Big Thanks to Ted/Novaguy/Pepper for out at my place today fixing a fair bit in so little. i probably spent the better part of 12 hours yesterday repairing a few minor incidentals on my world series and batting champ . im slowly turning the corner in finding an issue and repairing it but ted showed up at 8 this morning and 6 machines later it was time for lunch. it actually is a bit overwhelming for me to take it all in at once. Also i appreciate the loan of the williams lock down bar for my heatwave for the weekend.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
It's been a very busy summer so far and work has prevented me from posting very much... or at all :(

Just wanted to catch up a little and send out a big thank you to Sparky and Warlock for helping me get my Bally Strange Science home!

And of course thanks to Moving Pictures too ;)

The 6803 lineup is looking pretty cool!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Big thanks to Tim Sanderson, Josh (Meegis) and Barry (Superjackpot) for setting up and tearing down my games @ CPC's this year.
Thanks to Les, Lewar and Dan Beeson for picking up and Evan, Les and Charles for returning them. Special thanks to Dan Beeson as it sounds like he was teching on site to make them all run as well. Hope everyone had a fun time. Thanks to all who provided pins so the event could happen. Thanks to anyone else who assisted that I didn't know about.

Last edited:

tim.sanderson

Yes, a thanks to beeson , too. I discovered on Friday morning that the 3x light was not working on Dragon. A fellow named Adrian and I traced to what we thought was a bad transistor. Dan confirmed this, and actually had a spare one with him. He threw it on the driver board, and it worked again.

I still owe you a beer, Dan. And a transistor. ;)

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I've already met some great people in my short time here.

This is a special thank you to Sylvain who I haven't met in person but who seems to always have great advice and information as I try to figure out how to fix these fun but sometimes frustrating machines.

And to Drano for many, many things.

Last edited:

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Thanks to MedVet, WilliamsFan and Warlock for helping get another grail into my gameroom. Lots of moving parts on this deal, but the GTA and Ottawa communities came through once again. Grateful for everyone's assistance! Time to find a new grail to lust after!

f3425b250c98ed793aa321dff5aa011a.jpg

Reactions: DRANO

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
a BIG thanks going out to QuarterGrabber for, not only selling me a super nice Grand Lizard, but also dropping it off on his way through town this weekend.

Thanks Ryan!
I still haven't found time or space to set it up (probably won't until the long weekend) but super excited to get it on legs!!!

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Big shout out to Doug, aka Menace. Came to the resuce on my AFM and STTNG. Glad I decided to solicit your help with the red ramps and Ung UFO kit......I'm sure I would have started a fire!!

Reactions: Menace

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Thanks to Drano for dropping by on his day off to help debug the loud buzzing on my JP. It was coming from the coin lock and a quick adjustment later I was back in business and missing shots like crazy :)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Thanks to Drano for dropping by on his day off to help debug the loud buzzing on my JP. It was coming from the coin lock and a quick adjustment later I was back in business and missing shots like crazy :)

Anytime!

I'm also a little behind in my 'thanks-giving'.

Of course a big shout out to Rob who did an amazing job on my Joker Poker cabinet. I'm now back from some business travel and looking forward to starting my playfield swap this weekend!

Also, a huge thanks to Dan for helping me (and a brand new pinhead) by agreeing to perform a much needed repair on the F14 I recently sold. It was a freak failure caused by a locked on switch, but I still felt bad about it and the new owner was too green to attempt the repair himself. The game was probably a couple of hours away at this point but much closer to Dan so he was gracious enough to help me out. A big thank you again!

There's a lot of great people in this hobby!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Been a while since my last confession.

Thanks to Spiroagnew for making sure I had first shot at a grail pin. Much appreciated my friend. I am not buying much these days...
I very much appreciate the assistance of my friends when they know something comes up that has that "feeling" that it was meant for me.

Thank you Wong for continuing to do what you always do for all of us; including myself. You know me well enough to push when you should.

Thank you to Brewmanager for assisting at "silly" times when we know that it just "has" to be done even though "inconvenient" for both of us.

Thank you to all my friends; new and old, who continue to remind me that this is the most fantastic hobby and "break" from all else that I do...

Cheers.
Salut.