• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

there is a ghost in the machine. Dedicated switch issue.

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
One other weird problem with the getaway. This one is intermittent and pisses me off because it only happens once every 3 or 4 days and only for a few seconds. The dedicated switches seem to fire for no reason. I'll be playing a games and the flippers flip for no reason (not touching the buttons) and also the volume will control itself with the coin door closed. Also left the game in attract mode and after having not played for 20 minutes the volume adjusted itself and the it magically registered a few coins. Like I said there is a ghost in the machine.

So my question is what the hell is up with this and where do I start? This only happens on the rare occasion. My guess is some kind of grounding issue, but let me know your thoughts I don't even really know where to start diagnosing this one. Thanks in advance.

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Re: there is a ghost in the machine. Dedicated switch issue

I screwed around with wires and connectors at the coin door. The issue seems to be gone for now. I'll keep you posted.