• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

to Xmen pro owners

yellowmustard

Nov 17, 2012
this is a copy of my email to Stern concerning Xmen Pro

hi
i ve updated my Xmen Pro pinball with V1.04 from December 21, 2012.
i remarked today something looks like a BUG.
When Vilain is lit, i go to the scoop to select the vilain i want...so i choose OMEGA RED, the light is on, omega red insert is working when selecting.
Then the mode OMEGA RED starting...
and then the light turns off. It is supposed to light ON/OFF until you finish the mode, and once finished stay lighted...
but mine is off as soon i have choosen the omega red mode...during the mode...OFF and whatever i finished it or not ..OFF when the mode period is finished...
All the other vilains are working as they should except the omega red .
i hope it can help...

thanks you

Did you remark the same bug in your updated machine? :roll:

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
New code is buggy as all hell, I like the direction and I do really like the stacking opportunities along with the extra strategy it provides, but I'm going back to the old code, it's more stable.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I haven't noticed anything particularly unstable (other than some strange audio callouts)-no need to go back to the old version without the stacking. Nice challenge trying to start all the X-Men modes at once.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
My nightcrawler has been acting up since the switch to the new software, registering automatically every time he is supposed to pop up, I want to go back to the old software to see if that fixes it.

It also drives me insane that Wolverine becomes every single call out once you complete some of the modes.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Is it just that the priority on Wolverine is much higher than everything else, so that if Wolverine is running (or there's a Wolverine sample), it'll play before another one?

I had the same problem with nightcrawler on the old code, so I don't think that'll be it. If I had to guess, I'd say that they're popping the mechanism, but then detecting a hit instantaneously because of the vibration of the popup, instead of putting in a, say, 250ms delay after popping the nightcrawler where triggering the switch is ignored. Of course, this only seems to happen in Xavier, and not rogue. Bigger problem for me is the Storm ramp-it still seems to get triggered at odd times when I've been nowhere near there.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Vengeance said:
My nightcrawler has been acting up since the switch to the new software, registering automatically every time he is supposed to pop up, I want to go back to the old software to see if that fixes it.

It also drives me insane that Wolverine becomes every single call out once you complete some of the modes.

That's odd... I have not had this behaviour at all. Check the switches... might be too sensitive?

On my LE the only glitches seem to be the universal ones... dodgy villain inert lights and the iceman ramp flailing all over the place in certain modes.

Aside from that, I've just set the mode start to hard and am enjoying this latest version quite a lot.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
I'm appreciating the new direction that Stern has allowed the new programmers to take, but I think it's time for a seasoned programmer (*cough*lyman*cough*) to step in and clean things up a bit.