• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Tommy from Nitro becomes a Stern dealer

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
We're happy to finally announce that Nitro Pinball is officially a Stern distributor for Western Canada. Our games, parts & accessories will now come directly from Stern. This means better pricing, better service and more choice. I'd like to personally thank everyone in the community that supported our steadfast love of pinball and rallied behind our customer service model. In addition, we're proud distributors of American Pinball, Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack, Heighway, Dutch & Homepin. Feel free to contact me anytime if there is something you need. Or, just have questions about a release. I always have time to talk pinball
icon_smile.gif

Silverball regards,

tommy@nitropinball.com
Toll Free: 1-855-366-4876
Cell: (604) 226-5346

Reactions: dnewman

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
Yay finally. Let's see the difference in price on a GOTG now between him and PLayer 1. I wonder if they will match pricing now that there is some competition?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

The Toronto market will happily support you too.
Way to go bud!
We'd love to Meegis! However, our deal is for Western Canada. We had to agree not to sell Stern into Ontario to make it happen. The good news is, we've offered our assistance to P1 in the East to help better understand the community at large. Hopefully this will translate into better support on across the country.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
So does that mean P1 cant sell out west? Bullshit.

I'm pretty sure Playdium/P1 will maintain their monopoly status in Canada and can probably sell out west if they really wanted to. I'm sure people will continue to order their NIB Sterns state side and bring it back across the border themselves.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
We're required to forward all requests for Stern in the East to P1. They're required to forward all requests for Stern in the West to Nitro. I'm sure there'll be some overlap in the short term due to existing orders and long term relationships. But that in essence is the spirit of the agreement. this from tommy

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Does the Canadian Competition Act no have anything to say about this? The Stern agreement effectively prevents a competitive marketplace in Canada...

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
So you mean the same way as you can only get cable from Rogers in some locations and Cogeco in others?

Not really, as you can get TV or Internet service through a variety of "competitors";). If you want to buy a new-in-box Stern pinball machine in Ontario, you have no alternative to P1.