• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

"Trap Door Stuck Down" error on start up

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
I'm wondering if someone knowledgeable can help me with an error I am getting on my DW. My Dr. Who always had a sound issue where the sound would get stuck on one tone then cut out completely during a game, it did it quite frequently. So I tried to fix it on my own. I realized that the wiring was all wrong for the speakers. So I rewired the speakers as it is illustrated in the manual. When I turned the game on it had a ton or errors. I looked in the backbox and realized there were some hacked wires that came apart so I twisted them back together and all of the errors were gone except one. The last error on start up is "trap door stuck down" and I can start a game but the flippers don't work? I don't know what the trap door is but if it is the metal piece on the ramp that diverts the ball down, it is actually up not down? Does anyone know how I can fix this last error?

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
Ok I figured it out. When I was tracing the speaker wires from the cab up into the backbox I kept pulling them and I pulled the flipper and EOS IDE connectors right out of the fliptronics board :oops: I pulgged them back in now no errors or credit dots but also no sound :mad: I have it wired exactly like in the manual
:deluxe picard:

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
I double checked the wiring diagram for the speakers and yup, I missed one step and crossed two wires. Now it is EXACTLY wired like the manual and now the sound works perfect! I played a bunch of games and no crackles and no sound cutting out anymore! Ah, it feels good to fix something myself!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
and you didn't have to mash wires into any connectors either! just kidding and glad you got this sorted out yourself without Menace's help or advice.

Reactions: Menace