1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to Document Old Arcade Locations

Discussion in 'General Arcade Chat' started by Black_Knight_2000, May 2, 2019.

1. spiroagnew

spiroagnew Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Would an old Chuck E. Cheese location count?

There was one at 3345 Harvester Rd, Burlington, ON...it's now Club 54. They had a good selection of pins and vids--this location closed up LONG before the chain became focussed on redemption games.

2. Black_Knight_2000

Black_Knight_2000 New Member

There was also one at Jane and Wilson and one at Vic Park and Sheppard. Second one is still there but its unrecognizable.

3. SteveShady

SteveShady New Member

Hillcrest Mall, Richmond Hill, ON
    Studio 81, Yonge Street @ Cummer Ave, North York

4. jbenaiah

jbenaiah Member

Bayview Village had a place called the Bijou Club or Bijou Arcade. It’s long gone.

5. mwong168

mwong168 Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't recall a Wizard's Castle at Fairview Mall but I do remember there was a Sky Games on the lower level right next to one of the mall entrances. I think this entrance has been closed off and where the current food court area is.

Anyone remember a place called The Sting north of Major Mac on Yonge Street? It's was on the same side as this place :p

[​IMG]

6. roar

roar Active Member

There was an arcade in Burlington Mall in the 80's, next to movie theatre if I'm not mistaken, don't recall the name.

In Oakville there was an arcade in Trafalgar Village when Trafalgar Village was actually a mall... it used to be at one end of the mall across from the grocery store and then it moved to the other end of the mall next to the Woolco, that would have been 80's and early 90's as I remember playing T2 there. The bowling alley there also had a selection of pin's too if memory recalls.

Also in Oakville, Hopedale Mall had an arcade in it next to the K-Mart, spent way too much time there, this would be mid 80's I'd guess.

The biggest arcade in Oakville really was Arnold's Funland/Kerr St. Billiards. This is where I spent the majority of my youth, it was late 80's I believe, when the location moved around from Kerr St. to a couple of different locations on Speers road before finally opening up in 1992 at 485 Morden Road, not sure when it finally closed but it transformed itself many times before it's final iteration as a sports bar I'd say. I even help Mr. Chung move between the Speers Road locations a couple of times. Found an old article here: https://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2947000-strong-roots-led-arnold-s-to-success/

7. SteveShady

SteveShady New Member

Yes indeed. I do remember the Sting! Growing up in the Hill during the 70's I remember it well...