• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD TZ Twilight Zone - $6200 (keeping game for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil
Re: FS - TZ Twilight Zone - $6200 (pics up)

TZ is one title that really grew in value over the years. When I got into the hobby a good conditioned one was $4500. Now the same is around $6k-$8k depending on condition and mods.

If you own a TZ, you know how bad ass the game is which is why it's #1 on ipdb.org. If you've never owned one/played one you'll never understand why there's so much hype/demand for the pin. As mentioned above, once the game's gone good luck trying to find one down the road that was in the same conditon as yours or better.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora

What's even funnier is TZ's would go for 1K or less all day long at the Starburst auctions late 90's / early 2000....

D

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Menace said:
What's even funnier is TZ's would go for 1K or less all day long at the Starburst auctions late 90's / early 2000....

D

14739112251_b4d7049558_o.jpg

:lol:

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster

Every time I see that "That's Pinball Baby" picture I feel it's a dig at me. I'm so paranoid, I can't even watch football anymore cause every time they go into the huddle, I think they're talking about me, and how much I sold my pins for.

By the way "moving pictures" I got my asking price for that game - not the 7k you rounded up to either...

I learned from the best fuckover guys in the business. If you have the balls to ask the price - you might get it. These forum marketplaces are fucking retarded, and you guys know it..... sorry to rage off topic.

Todd, you did the right thing, TZ is the shit.... keep it....

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa

Beautiful game tkay! I think it was a good decision to keep it, one less gorgeous pin on the market to tempt me :lol:

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil

Bally Boy said:
Every time I see that "That's Pinball Baby" picture I feel it's a dig at me. I'm so paranoid, I can't even watch football anymore cause every time they go into the huddle, I think they're talking about me, and how much I sold my pins for.

By the way fucktard "moving pictures" I got my asking price for that game - not the 7k you rounded up to either...

I learned from the best fuckover guys in the business. If you have the balls to ask the price - you might get it. These forum marketplaces are fucking retarded, and you guys know it..... sorry to rage off topic.

Todd, you did the right thing, TZ is the shit.... keep it....

I agree with you from a business point of view that if you have the balls to ask a high price, you might get it. That's a universal rule in business because of the type of hobby we are in (literally supply/demand craze).

However, you should also understand that having the balls to ask a high price comes with some costs; one being your reputation. Selling games down the road will only be hindered because of the bad word of mouth that will be passed on. I see it all the time, not only in pinball but any other type of expensive e-commerce transactions such as highly prized comic books or expensive sealed video games. There are guys that are the laughing stock of the group and regulars that could give the seller any business now avoid him. Thank god for forums like this because we all help each other and won't hesitate to send that PM saying "beware". There's pros and cons to both sides, but for a sellers longevity in this hobby, pricing pinball's shouldn't be done in this manner (asking a stupid high price). :idea:

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON

However, you should also understand that having the balls to ask a high price comes with some costs; one being your reputation. Selling games down the road will only be hindered because of the bad word of mouth that will be passed on. I see it all the time, not only in pinball but any other type of expensive e-commerce transactions such as highly prized comic books or expensive sealed video games. There are guys that are the laughing stock of the group and regulars that could give the seller any business now avoid him. Thank god for forums like this because we all help each other and won't hesitate to send that PM saying "beware". There's pros and cons to both sides, but for a sellers longevity in this hobby, pricing pinball's shouldn't be done in this manner (asking a stupid high price).

I don't think Dan has anything to worry about when it comes to his reputation-his games are probably the most well maintained that I've ever seen, and when he sells a game he does a great job fixing it up. I bought my first pin off him years ago, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one from him if he had something I wanted (and I had the cash of course). He's also a great guy to go to for parts, since he seems to have spares of everything around.

Bally Boy

Dec 14, 2012
Ancaster

Nintendo said:
Thank god for forums like this because we all help each other and won't hesitate to send that PM saying "beware". There's pros and cons to both sides, but for a sellers longevity in this hobby, pricing pinball's shouldn't be done in this manner (asking a stupid high price). :idea:

This practice doesn't seem to have hurt credibility with anybody around the forums. You see the posts, people talk about it amongst each other ( on or off the thread), then some fucking retard buys it. That's all I was getting at by the comment.

Thanks for the props, Chris, I'm usually a lurker over here..... :FP: being schooled on " pin " sales ethics is pretty funny by a member that goes by "Nintendo" and collects video games. Love it.

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil

A lurker that comes on and makes fun of peoples usernames. Very mature. I guess this is why you're a lurker because you don't do very well on forums.

Not sure what happened with your sale of the safecracker but supposdely it was listed at a high price. As I mentioned, listing pins for an abnormal high price turns future buyers away. Last I checked you have two pins that haven't sold yet; a World Cup Soccer and a James Bond 007. Both games should be gone by now. No ethic check here, just a reality check.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

Bally Boy said:

You won't have to be worried about asking prices here. The "no price policing" rule is pretty much the only rule I care to enforce here at PBRev. If you don't like the price, then move on. Simple enough.

Other than that I think everyone does a great job keeping the peace themselves. We're all adults here.. and I'd prefer people treat eachother that way. :)

That said, if Bally Boy and Nintendo have something less constructive to say to eachother, it might be best done in private. There's been zero drama in the open forums since its inception, and I'd prefer to keep it that way :cool:

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil

You're right Revolution. Things like this should be done through PM. At least he didn't start calling my mom any names :FP:

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge

REVOLUTION said:
Bally Boy said:

You won't have to be worried about asking prices here. The "no price policing" rule is pretty much the only rule I care to enforce here at PBRev. If you don't like the price, then move on. Simple enough.

Other than that I think everyone does a great job keeping the peace themselves. We're all adults here.. and I'd prefer people treat eachother that way. :)

That said, if Bally Boy and Nintendo have something less constructive to say to eachother, it might be best done in private. There's been zero drama in the open forums since its inception, and I'd prefer to keep it that way :cool:

And here I was about to post my TFLE Combo for $14,987

Guess I'll keep it

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Bally Boy said:
Every time I see that "That's Pinball Baby" picture I feel it's a dig at me.

Apologies Dan and it wasn't a dig at you at all and point I wanted to get across is "That's Pinball Baby" for current pricing compared to the good old days.

Nintendo said:
As I mentioned, listing pins for an abnormal high price turns future buyers away. Last I checked you have two pins that haven't sold yet; a World Cup Soccer and a James Bond 007. Both games should be gone by now. No ethic check here, just a reality check.

I don't think that is true because he sold his Baywatch which was a very fair asking price. I've dealt with Ballyboy before and bought my Roadshow from him 3 years ago. He did an excellent job with the cab decals and did a thorough shop job and to this day plays as solid as when I first brought it home. I would always recommend buying from Ballyboy especially if he has gone over the game to ensure everything works. He always fully discloses any flaws and includes all sorts of extra parts which he has collected for it.

There is nothing wrong with posting a high price because your game will just sit on the market till you do a further price reduction or accept a lower offer. I agree that James Bond should have sold by now just like that SST from Mitch which was priced right but took way too long to sell. It's very strange right now and maybe it is the slow summer months which is why some games are sitting longer then they should.

Nintendo

Jun 28, 2014
Vaudreuil

meegis said:
And here I was about to post my TFLE Combo for $14,987

Guess I'll keep it

Do you accept Best offer? :mrgreen:

mwong168 said:
Bally Boy said:
Every time I see that "That's Pinball Baby" picture I feel it's a dig at me.
I don't think that is true because he sold his Baywatch which was a very fair asking price. I've dealt with Ballyboy before and bought my Roadshow from him 3 years ago. He did an excellent job with the cab decals and did a thorough shop job and to this day plays as solid as when I first brought it home. I would always recommend buying from Ballyboy especially if he has gone over the game to ensure everything works. He always fully discloses any flaws and includes all sorts of extra parts which he has collected for it.

Hey, I don't doubt that Bally Boy has a good rep. Never said he was a bad seller or anything of that sort, and my post in reply to his comment was generally about pinball sellers as a whole, not to target him directly. But things will always get lost in translation and then the picking at usernames comes in play :lol: .

I do agree it is a slow summer, and maybe some decrease in pinball prices are needed! :!: :arrow: :idea: Gotta go, boss is giving me a dirty look

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Alright guys, going to lock this thread up since tkaye has decided to keep his TZ anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.