• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Unboxing: Game of Thrones, Premium

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
on Friday morning I went to the Playdium store and picked up my new game. This is the first one to be delivered anywhere in the world. Since getting it home we've put over 150 games on it and I'm very impressed with it. By far the most fun game I've played, I'm glad I waited for the premium to come out.

If anyone has questions or wants pics of something let me know. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I added blue plastic protectors to the inlane and sling plastics. In this first pic they're on the left side only. In the second pic you can see them installed on both sides.

I also added a sticker to the steel plate on the right side by the sword lock. I like the look of this one, but I also have a blue version on its way, in case I decide to switch it later.

Then I added a Stern shaker. This is well worth the money. The battering ram shot shakes the whole cabinet and feels great. The shaker also goes with the dragon and is very well implemented.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Last night my buddy GC'd the game with almost a billion points and he reached hand of the King. We've played over 150 games and seen several of the multi balls, but there's still so much more to this game. I'm very impressed.

Reactions: Extraballingtmc

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Congrats- I finally got a chance to play this yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. Time will tell how it holds up, but it seems like the house choice, mode, and multiball stacking are all interesting. The upper PF isn't entirely useless, and in theory the spending money for mystery awards is pretty neat.

Not sure if I want to own one or not, but I was doing the math this morning to figure out how stupidly expensive it'd be. I don't really like the Premium art package though-in a show that has a great ensemble cast, having this and the LE both focus on just one house is a little odd.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Thanks guys. This is a dream pin for me. It ticked off all of the feature boxes I was looking for when shopping around.

Ramps. ✔️
Dmd display. ✔️
Upper Playfield. ✔️
Extra flippers. ✔️
Drop targets. ✔️
Kickback. ✔️
Spinner. ✔️
Bash toy. ✔️
VUK ✔️
Colour changing lights. ✔️
Good theme. ✔️

I was considering finding a TSPP, LOTR, or AFM before this was announced, but I'm over joyed with my decision to get this one. It will be a keeper for quite a while.

kiwi

Dec 27, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Nice. I'm one of the few whose not a fan of the show.. (maybe I'll give it another go...) but I like the second Translite better.
congrats!

Extraballingtmc

Dec 29, 2015
Maple ridge
So in your opinion the premium is better gameplay wise than pro? Or just different? Do they actually feel like two different games?

Congrats on the game, looks awesome

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I think the premium/LE is worth every extra penny it costs. The upper Playfield is implemented perfectly, it feels useful and never a waste of game play. The fully colour changing led's add so much to the experience, and having a useful iron throne is a nice touch.

The pre/LE is more difficult imho but the blind spots on the Playfield are easy to get use to.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I've continued to mod my game over the last couple months.

The blue plastic protectors on the slings and inlanes are gone. I've added clear ones that also protect the plastics above the drop targets and lock targets.
I switched the flipper buttons for blue light up ones.
I replaced the red inlane guides for blue ones.
I changed the start button and coin reject buttons for blue ones.
I've added the "faceless man coin" stickers to the spinner
I changed to better pop bumper caps that are house Stark themed.
I installed premium art blades from Stern.
And finally I've added House Stark side armor

Basically this is now a Stark LE. Without the number plate.
IMG_2434.JPG IMG_2618.JPG IMG_2620.JPG IMG_2621.JPG

Reactions: brad808