• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

VFW Michigan Pinball Show (Ann Arbor) May 13-15

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Has anyone been to this in the past and/or is anyone thinking about going this year (May 13 - 15).

http://vfwpinball.com/

I may have something to pickup so I was wondering if it's worth the trip or alternatively if someone could pick up an item for me (backglass) and get it to Mississauga or even part way (London?).

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I'll be attending. I've been each of the prior two years. Great, diverse collection that keeps expanding. All games are well kept...no issues or basket cases. If something breaks during the show, there are ample techs on site to get the game fixed. Seeing the end-to-end row of classic Ballys and classic Sterns lined up as you walk in is utterly amazing.

9a825556334340fdf21ec25151b6ff3f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
If you're interested in playing games, there probably isn't a better collection anywhere.

But keep in mind, there's no tournament and no vendors. It's strictly playing pins.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
If you're interested in playing games, there probably isn't a better collection anywhere.

But keep in mind, there's no tournament and no vendors. It's strictly playing pins.
They're actually expanding their tournament scene this year! They have the EM World Championships on Friday during the day, coupled with the all-new Italian Pinball Championship....played on the VFW's new lineup of Zaccs. These tournaments carry no IFPA value, bragging rights only. An extra ticket is required for the tournament.

Also, Pinball Life is always on site...if you place an order you can pick it up...with a nice show discount.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
I did the EM tournament last year, it was fun. When I said "No tournaments" I meant that the hardcore IFPA guys wouldn't be interested.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I was at the VFW last year. Lots of fun and so many pins. I love that Clay limits access so that the space isn't rammed and you're not waiting too long to play anything.
The only thing I wasn't thrilled about (which has already been mentioned) is that there isn't much else going on. It's all pinball all the time. So, as long as you're cool with that, it's a great experience. Don't expect food vendors nearby or an outdoor pinball flea market like Allentown.

I would probably go again... especially if he's expanded his Zacc lineup!

Have dates and tickets been announced already? I probably missed it.

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
Just about time to start the detailed planning. My plan is to drive down to arrive before 4pm on the Friday, stay one night and drive back on Saturday around dinner time. There is an opportunity to car pool if anyone is interested as the date gets closer, I've got room for probably two more in the car along with luggage and pinball parts / orders coming back.

I'd add a local bar and/or a case of beer in the hotel room for the Friday night and it sounds like a good trip to me :)

The trip will save me shipping a backglass from the States and the duty on it since there is a $200 personal exemption after 24 hours. I'll be practically making money on the trip ;)

Anyone else up for a road trip?

dos.reboot

Nov 19, 2012
Windsor. ON.
If you're going, stop by and say hi. I'll be one of the orange/red-shirt techs (the short one with a ponytail).

As for food, the on-site menu might be expanded. And if you went last year, you'll notice that there are quite a few new games added to fill the expanded annex.

Reactions: DRANO

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
My wife and I will be attending saturday (she got the day off).
I bought my tickets yesterday.

Saturday is now sold out.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Holy crap am I every looking forward to this show... and HOLY CRAP what a parts inventory! :drool: I can only dream of something like that.

D

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I will be giving the union some props and will be wearing one of my Unifor tees to this event.
Can't say I have really met too many of you.
At least you'll be able to put a face to my rants.
Anyone know if there is a pin on location in the 401 service center between London / Windsor?
Bridge toll is up to $4 cdn
Brad

Last edited: