• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Waterloo arcade is a blast from the past

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
B8850983Z.1_20180205163526_000_GGQ2RU2I.3-0_Super_Portrait.jpg

https://www.therecord.com/news-story/8111216-waterloo-arcade-is-a-blast-from-the-past/

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I went here today.
It is located in a basement, was also pretty packed for mid-day.
Had a good number of pins.
Arcade games were ok and some like time pilot were better off being fixed.
Also got to see what the newer Stern playfields look like after heavy play. The ac dc luci was just trashed. Mario was a rather rarer title.
All in all it was ok. Wife loved Deadpool so at least that's a plus. A few shooters, skee ball, needed a sit down head to head driver. I could see linked NBA fastbreaks being quite popular here.
No seating. I wouldn't suggest you bring a group and expect to sit down together anywhere and even hear each other talking.
Ordering food, and then finding somewhere to eat it was challenging.
Ice cold beer was broke, a bunch of the arcades had zero credits.

Just remember, not every customer is going to inquire. A good number of us just take note and don't return.
Not worth the 1.3 hour drive each way for me.

Last edited:

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph
I visited for the 4th time a couple weeks ago with my 3 college age kids. Easily a great place to spend a few hours for only $5 each.

This visit a few of the games were a little off (broken rubber on electro mech pin, stuck ball on another, broken trigger on alien shooter, roller on missile command not working). Still more than enough other games to keep everyone happy. More than a few games of Jumbo Jenga. Like playing Metalllica with the shaker motor. Deadpool, Star Trek and Star Wars are favourites.

We had lunch from the Frat Burger menu and it was quite good. Great business that I'm glad to support. Actually plan on driving over again next Saturday.

Jay

Dec 3, 2017
Guelph ON
Took my daughter there on March Break and we both had a blast 5 bucks cover and games on freeplay. A good mix of pinballs. Arcade games took me back to back in the day.. super fun, can't wait to go back!

dnewman

Oct 29, 2013
Newmarket
Being in Waterloo, Che needs to get an Oktoberfest in time for... Oktoberfest!:D

Played it lots at TPF this past weekend, and it's a really great game!