• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP We are go for launch!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
The new site is now ready for launch! Thanks again to all our fine members for making it possible, and to our web guy Derek for donating his efforts to make the site look and work perfectly. If you're ever in need of some web work, Derek is your man!

The transition will be happening soon.. you'll know when it does. ;)

- B

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: WARLOCK

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
The site switch will be happening hopefully over the next few days, so if the site is down at some point DON'T PANIC!! It's down because the switch is happening. :)

Thanks

- The PBRev Team

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Just to give an update to those who are following, the upgrade has not happened, since it takes a somewhat long time to do and I do not want to lose any information, we have ran a test upgrade, and everything upgraded (threads, etc) except for avatars, we are going to run the upgrade one more time and see if we get them.

Upgrade Process:
Backup everything
Import all users/threads/images from threads/avatars/ signatures etc
Update the database and all thread references to point from the staging server to www
move current site out of the way
move new site to www
cross fingers.

New features that you may notice:
You can subscribe to emails on threads
you can subscribe to daily and weekly email digests
tapatalk is upgraded, more functionality for the 10 people who use it.
Mobile friendly responsive theme for those who want to use the forum on tablets/phones
Image uploading works way better - it will compress images to be more web friendly, and give nice meaningful messages
Modern interface - "web 2.0"
it is different, it will take a bit of time to get used to.
Facebook integration, for those who like to login to sites using their facebook credentials
A "medal" system where people can earn status
Like's is still there, but can contribute to the medal system
embedded content is huge, adding a link to youtube is easy, you just paste the url and the forum does everything automatically, no more tags for vimeo ,youtube whatever.

That is it off the top of my head. What is great about xenforo is that it will allow us to customize and upgrade the experience over time to become far more interactive.

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Mobile site looks great - currently browsing from my iPhone and it's much easier to navigate (and read!) the forums. Well done.

Reactions: thewebexpert

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
Thanks all.. Derek and I (mostly Derek) have been hard at work for some time but I think it's paid off. There's still some stuff to work on (ie. the points system -- more on that later) but it's coming along nicely IMO.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Fancy! And YES! Hyperlinks work! My one true wish for the new site!

**EDIT
Is there a way to make hyperlinks look more like, well, hyperlinks? It's hard to tell. I linked my 'Tim's XYZ Thread' and underlined them manually to make them more obvious, compared to the text above.

It is part of the "theming" that all hyperlinks are not underlined... Once things settle down, I will figure out how to fix that....

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
For the record, it was a team effort on the site, I may have installed the software and add-on, but Brock did find the kick ass theme, and fix the colours, icons etc to look pinball revolution. I suck at design ... so it worked out well!

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
There is a problem with pics and vids loading the same

My VPcab build thread last post. The pics show as thumbnail attachments. Should it be like that?

My off topic sledgehammer fireworks thread. The youtube video shows the link, not the video.

I like the new style.