• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What Do You Do? Promote Yourself!

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
My 6 year old never stops playing it - serious interest developing. One reason why I'm often elsewhere. :)

Wow that's excellent. Playing and making music is something special to have. Some parents have to twist their kids arm to get them to practice. I know I was like that when my parents forced me to practice lol. Some people are naturally musical and have a passion for music I envy them.

Subzero74

Dec 28, 2014
Whitby, ON
Hey guys,

I work in the HVAC industry and have done so for the last 15 years. I decided to go on my own about 4 years ago and things have worked out well so far. I specialize in commercial/industrial service and replacements and do some residential work from time to time. Feel free to forward any questions you might have that relates to my trade and I will do my best to assist.

I find myself, quite rapidly, being sucked into this amazing hobby!! I have a Jungle Lord which was passed down to me and is in need of some repairs.....I have the parts, just need the time. I also have a Secret Service which I am not so much in love with, but the wife likes it so I may have to keep it for awhile.

I really enjoy reading about all your experiences that this hobby has to offer.

Thanks,

Justin

Reactions: WARLOCK

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Hey all,

I'm a structural engineer, designing bridges and buildings mostly across southern Ontario, but have done work in the Maritimes as well as the northern Territories. Schools, post-secondary campus buildings, long term care facilities, industrial, commercial, bridges, culverts, pretty much anything that involves structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry or timber that you don't want falling on your head or falling out from under you.

mstellato

Mar 8, 2015
Woodbridge
Hi Guys,

I'm a criminal lawyer. Been so for the past 27 years. Somewhat of a movie freak. I have an extensive video game collection. However I got the pinball itch a few years ago and its like they say....you can't have just one!!

Mxzmark

Feb 22, 2015
Lucan ON
Hi guy's, I'm an aircraft maintenance engineer for Air Canada Jazz and have been there for 14yrs, last 5 as crew chief. Have been in the industry since 1997. Probably can't offer any services to anyone unless you own a multi million dollar jet but I'm pretty good at fixing almost anything. Lol finally got into pinball a year and a half ago after wanting to for many years and now have 6 machines and loving every minute of it!!

Seven

Oct 6, 2015
Prince Edward Island
www.pinballorama.com
I'm new around these parts so I'll add my bits.

For money: I am the IT department for a company that makes websites. I've been in IT for 20 years and I'm burned out on it. Sadly, I need money, so I keep doing it.

For fun: I write and record music. - https://sevengraylands.bandcamp.com/

For future: I would really like to open a pinball hall. Something along the lines of the Seattle Pinball Museum - everything on free play but you pay to get in. I'm collecting the machines now, once I get to 24-25 working and ready machines I'll start looking for a space. I don't know if it will fly, but I'm going to give it my best shot.

Reactions: DRANO

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
Funny I never came across this thread in my time here before.

I've been an independent Internet Manager, Web Developer and Coder for about the last 18 years... during that time I started doing pinball and antique slot machine restorations, sold pinball glass and pinball parts - but lately have gotten out of the business side of pinball except for the occasional restoration as a favour (and my own, of course). Prior to that I've been a Television Series International Sales Person, Feature Film, Television and Video Producer, the original Internet Guru for Alliance Atlantis Television, Apple Registered Consultant, PC IT Guy, Bicycle Courier Company owner (in Vancouver in around 1980, so that makes me one of the originals - damned Loomis and Canada Post wanted me OUT of the business).

My Uncle was a somewhat significant Arcade and Coin-Op Distributor in New Westminster and Vancouver in the 70's and 80's - before he got gobbled up by the mob. My brother and I used to have free run of his arcade in the mid 70's and that's where I cut my pinball teeth and got my own first pinball machine (a Gottlieb "Swing Along") to repair for my 14th birthday.

Oh, I was once a Dial-Your-Match BBS Operator, and also tried out unsuccessfully to be one of b1buwg97's high end bitches, but it didn't work out.