• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB What is available for $10K?

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Hold out for a 12k title. Sales seem to be slowing. Hard to believe so many pins in the for sale are still available.
Interest rates???

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
BMHouse, I think that you're right.

Pins in the > $10K are certainly for a focused audience and with all of the new stuff coming out people are selling but not everything is moving. Like you said, $10K-$12K, not far off if it is a killer title and edition!

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Still have to be careful. I remember when Met, WD, was 10k and still kept falling.
If I was in your spot it would be a Godzilla and a nice resto (few mods).
I see way too many TOM and CV out there.

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
Godzilla, interesting choice. A friend has one so I'll have to play it and see what it's all about. He was crazy for it and made a trip into the US just to pick it up! ;)

You are also right on the falling prices and too many TOM and CV, in the wild. That and CGC just may have all of that coming. Hopefully the reduce the size of their boards. Scares the hell out of me to think that one of those main boards under the PF can become faulty. Shipping it for repair would certainly be fun.

If I haven't already said it, it seems that with mid range and pins there is still room to play and people break even or make some money on them. If that is one's thing, but with these high end pins, especially NIB, you have to expect that you are buying to enjoy them and then if the plan is to sell, it will typically be at a loss of some amount. This of course might not apply to most LE titles.