• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What the hell did I do??!!

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Couldn't get the flashers to work on my RS, at least two burnt flasher sockets on the game.

Didn't realize you needed to test flashers with the coin door closed, so I tried that, still no flashers working.

Then during the test the game shuts down. F105 is blown, which should have nothing to do with flashers. :? I replace F105, but now the game no longer boots up - D19, D20 and D21 LED's are all on, no blinking.

What the hell did I do?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Sounds like your CPU is not booting for some reason. You can disconnect all f the ribbon cables and the switch matrix connectors at the bottom, juts leaving j210 connected and power it up. Where d21 is lit yo have 5v so it should boot. If it doesn't you've got an issue on the CPU. If it does boot you can start plugging things in one at time while cycling power until you identify which connector is causing the issue. (If any) and go from there.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
Strange.

Took out all the fuses, one at a time, all tested OK, put them back in, turned the machine back on, all is well :?

At least it was nothing serious.

b1buwg97

Nov 14, 2012
London
If it happens again, it's prolly the clips- Just put the fuse back in the holder, then wrap tinfoil around the whole holder and fuse, make sure its tight, do this for each one then take a larger sheet of tinfoil and cover them at all tight.

Should be golden

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
b1buwg97 said:
If it happens again, it's prolly the clips- Just put the fuse back in the holder, then wrap tinfoil around the whole holder and fuse, make sure its tight, do this for each one then take a larger sheet of tinfoil and cover them at all tight.

Should be golden

You forgot the part about sealing it all in bacon grease. Nature's insulator.