• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Williams MEDIEVAL MADNESS - restored + extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Hey Guys,
I've been toying with this for months but I think it's time. I've had MM a long time; it was my 3rd machine and the first one I really decided to tear down and restore. It has been in light home use for the last 8 or 9 years (nearly half it's life I suppose). This is a domestic machine that I procured from Vancouver many moons ago.

I know Libtech posted one for sale out West as well so I postponed this posting for a week or so out of respect. However, I am busting at the seams and not playing my DMDs like I used to. It's time for someone else to enjoy this beauty.

Here's what's been done (to the best of my memory):

-Cabinet fully refinished and real screened decals applied
-High polish chrome mirror trim
-New coin door
-Upgraded speaker package (pinball pro I think?)
-New Mantis castle door mechanism (Holy! What a pain in the ass this thing was to install. Look it up... it's simply awesome and a huge bulletproof upgrade to the stock mech)
-New drawbridge and decals
-New Troll flaps
-New power cord
-My custom instruction cards
-New targets, posts and pop caps
-Upgraded trolls with LED eyes
-Drawbridge and gate metal protectors added + Cliffy's
-Brand new moat subway ramp
-Original ramps hand polished and flamed with new flaps and hardware (this was a while ago and repros were not around I think so I just cleaned up the originals since they were not busted)
-Wireforms re-plated
-Knight figures added; including hard to find joust knight
-LEDs throughout (including a couple of colour changing ones at the Merlin saucer and BFTK insert)
-Castle turrets custom painted
-New dragon figure with LED fire breathing effect
-Original playfield was clearcoated

I won't call the playfield 'restored' even though I did touch up a few tiny common issues near the moat kickout and the top arch. I would say it is a well preserved and protected original. You will still see some thin hairlines around a few inserts but it's in great shape and will stay that way.

On top of all this, I am packaging the machine with a Ron Kruzman MM playfield as well as a new set of ramps that I bought once they became available but never bothered to install.

Ron Kruzman is the master of clearcoat and playfield restoration. His work is hard to get; just google his name. He sells his playfields for $1500USD and up! The playfield I'm including has 7 layers of clear and has had hours of buffing and polishing by Ron. It's a thing of beauty that you won't find on many MM or even MMR.

I have a bag of other random parts and extras that will be thrown in as well.

Asking price for MM + RK playfield, new ramps and all other bits and pieces is $13,500

My current basement is a bit dark for good photos and MM is in the corner so these were taken a couple of years ago at my old place.
No appreciable change in the game's condition outside of me adding some purple flipper rubber :)

Not really looking for trades at this point as I want space.
Thank you for looking!

Adriano

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1421.JPG

IMG_1420.JPG

IMG_1412.JPG

IMG_1395.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

Reactions: WARLOCK

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Sorry.
Forgot to mention this game has the pinbits shaker motor mod too. So the game shakes whenever the castle is hit or destroyed and during catapult launches.

I didn't even remember until the buyer came to play it tonight.

Game is sold pending payment/pickup.

Thanks to all who inquired.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Congrats on the quick sale and looks like you priced it too cheap :p

Haha. Spoken like a true MM owner :D

I think it was priced well. Lots of extras and upgrades as you can see from the list. I probably discounted the Kruzman playfield and other parts by half as a package deal but I'm okay with that.
I'm sure the new owner will get a lot of pleasure out of it.

zod

May 29, 2013
Toronto
Indeed. It's been with me a long time and I won't find another quite like it.
With somewhere close to 40 machines now I have to make some grown-up decisions though
Just admit Drano you have the 80's fever, DMDs can't compare.o_O

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
This means I can sell my for more :) very fast sell nice machine

Just because you had to do a playfield swap twice doesn't mean your MM is worth more ;)

Besides don't forget the extra playfield Drano included is restored by the legendary Ron Kruzman. I inquired a few years ago and the average wait time to get a playfield done by him was 2-2.5 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace
Status
Not open for further replies.