• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Williams Taxi

Status
Not open for further replies.

playmoball

Nov 25, 2012
Montreal
Really nice taxi for trade.
Original cabinet and translite in very good condition.
CPR Marylin pf, xpin display, leds, a lot and a lot of new parts. One of the nicest system 11 i ever seen.

Trade preferences for HUO sterns game.
Can also consider others trades offers.image-20160106_205918.jpg image-20160106_205843.jpg 1452986813615-195927627.jpg 14529868666111733988671.jpg 1452986902468-1026028181.jpg 1452986949042-1171545394.jpg 1452986987500313595026.jpg

Pedro

Jun 3, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Hi there. Congrats on such a beautiful machine! Why is it "on hold"? Would you consider selling it? I'm looking buy my first machine, so I don't have any to offer on a trade.

Cheers

Plumonium

Feb 26, 2015
Montreal
I got the Taxi. He put the thread on hold when I told him I was getting it and was never updated.

The game is beautiful. Funny enough I come back to my Diner which I restored myself more often.

If I would not have wanted a Taxi for so long, I might consider a trade but I fear to regret.

Pedro

Jun 3, 2016
Waterloo, ON
I got the Taxi. He put the thread on hold when I told him I was getting it and was never updated.

The game is beautiful. Funny enough I come back to my Diner which I restored myself more often.

If I would not have wanted a Taxi for so long, I might consider a trade but I fear to regret.
Diner is awesome and Taxi sucks! You don't want that game. You won't regret for a second getting rid of it. If you want, I can help you out and take that awful game off your hands ;)

Seriously though, I'm a big Diner fan. In fact, I even prefer its theme and art over Taxi's. It's just a gorgeous pin. But, in my opinion, Taxi's gameplay takes the cake. In Diner, if each food item had a specific target and they were spread out over the playfield, like the passengers in Taxi, it would have been perfect. I don't feel that serving the customers in Diner is as fun and important as picking up passengers in Taxi. Anyway, that's just my two cents.

If you ever consider letting go of your Taxi, and you SHOULD, please let me know. It will go to a loving family, I promise. I have an eight-year-old son and I would love to start him at pinball with Taxi. He sees me playing it on Pinball Arcade all the time and asks me when are we going to get one. I tell him Taxis are hard to come by and are usually expensive, but we'll get one soon. I just recently moved to Canada from Brazil and I can only afford one pin (or maybe two if I can find a bargain). I would love for it to be Taxi.

Thanks for letting me know you got the game.

Cheers!

Plumonium

Feb 26, 2015
Montreal
Hehe thanks Pedro, I'll keep that in mind.

About Diner, I usually don't go for the food order but rather the multiball, grill bonus and cash register ramp. Food orders just happen as you go and dine time will get lit on the way. I often find myself having Dine Time during multiball actually.

Pedro

Jun 3, 2016
Waterloo, ON
Hehe thanks Pedro, I'll keep that in mind.

About Diner, I usually don't go for the food order but rather the multiball, grill bonus and cash register ramp. Food orders just happen as you go and dine time will get lit on the way. I often find myself having Dine Time during multiball actually.
Yeah, I totally agree that Dine Time is not the way to go, but that's exactly what grinds my gears. Serving customers is the game's theme. It's a DINER. When I look at that BEAUTIFUL machine, it make me want to serve people their food. Instead of making it fun and challenging, they dumbed it down to a couple of drop targets. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big fan. It just seems like a wasted opportunity, that's all.

Anyway, it's nice meeting someone who gives Taxi and Diner their much deserved praise. Are there any other machines you'd recommend for a Taxi/Diner fan?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.