• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD World Cup soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
I am helping a friend sell a World Cup soccer. I have played it it works great and is Led'd I will get some pics soon. Looking for 4200 or best offer.

Last edited:

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
I'm curious what the price police were setting this one at?
I had a few long drawn out debates when selling mine as well. Guy wanted me to come down on my price to match Ohio prices.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Haha well I was informed that 3k would be too high of a price for this pin. I have been offered $3500 by 3 different people. My friend would just be happy getting his money back out of the machine which is more than $3500.

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Haha well I was informed that 3k would be too high of a price for this pin. I have been offered $3500 by 3 different people. My friend would just be happy getting his money back out of the machine which is more than $3500.
People stuck back in 2006 prices or think that driving to USA is simply and easy thing to bring back a pin to import.
I paid more than that for mine also.....I was looking for $4500 originally came down to $4200 to get a sale.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
People stuck back in 2006 prices or think that driving to USA is simply and easy thing to bring back a pin to import.
I paid more than that for mine also.....I was looking for $4500 originally came down to $4200 to get a sale.

Ya, the market will generally dictate the price. If the price is too high the pin wont sell or will take a while to sell. Priced too low and it will be sold before you click on the link!

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
Wow this looks nice. I sold mine many years ago for $1800. Them was the days...

Don't pay attention to the price police, they are out to snag a deal.
GLWS

Damien

Sep 25, 2016
Toronto
I told myself to just shut down the browser, but I had to say something...

This is not a comment directed to anyone in this thread, but yet a more generalized observation. I've been in this hobby for roughly a year, but have been a long time arcade fan. What attracted me to the hobby was not only the games, but the people. I was invited out to an event at Bluff's and thought everyone there was top notch. I was hooked!

Then I got this crazy idea that I should start buying these machines, and that is where I found the wolf in sheep's clothing. I can't even count the number of people that were trying to take advantage of me outright, and even as I got more savvy, it was still there. People overcharging, misrepresenting and even willing to have you drive hours to get ripped off by them.

I've been in business for myself for a long time, and tend to think I know a thing or two about wheeling and dealing, but the shit I see here is just pathetic. I have an IJ up for trade right now, and even though I've had 3 offers for the price I valued it at, I don't even want to sell it because I think it's stupid to pay that for these machines. That's why I'm looking for a trade, so that hopefully the other person and I just swap machines and both end up happy with something new.

I'm not looking to live in some perfect utopia, I just think it's just common decency to treat people the way you want to be treated.

Thing is, I'm not even mad at the people that behave like this. I actually feel sorry for them. I do right by myself, my family, and my friends, and I never have to think twice about the way I've treated someone else, because I do so with unbending principle.

Good luck to you all.

Reactions: Che and Hammerhead

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I told myself to just shut down the browser, but I had to say something...

This is not a comment directed to anyone in this thread, but yet a more generalized observation. I've been in this hobby for roughly a year, but have been a long time arcade fan. What attracted me to the hobby was not only the games, but the people. I was invited out to an event at Bluff's and thought everyone there was top notch. I was hooked!

Then I got this crazy idea that I should start buying these machines, and that is where I found the wolf in sheep's clothing. I can't even count the number of people that were trying to take advantage of me outright, and even as I got more savvy, it was still there. People overcharging, misrepresenting and even willing to have you drive hours to get ripped off by them.

I've been in business for myself for a long time, and tend to think I know a thing or two about wheeling and dealing, but the shit I see here is just pathetic. I have an IJ up for trade right now, and even though I've had 3 offers for the price I valued it at, I don't even want to sell it because I think it's stupid to pay that for these machines. That's why I'm looking for a trade, so that hopefully the other person and I just swap machines and both end up happy with something new.

I'm not looking to live in some perfect utopia, I just think it's just common decency to treat people the way you want to be treated.

Thing is, I'm not even mad at the people that behave like this. I actually feel sorry for them. I do right by myself, my family, and my friends, and I never have to think twice about the way I've treated someone else, because I do so with unbending principle.

Good luck to you all.
You've probably got a bunch of people intrigued on the specifics. If you care to carry on this story or these thoughts, please take it to your own thread.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

EVH

Feb 14, 2014
Mississauga
Yes, please elaborate. I re-read this thread and I don't see anything negative, just people talking about their experiences etc. and commenting on pricing. I didn't see anyone bashing or trying to rip anyone off. Am I missing something?

Reactions: atariaction

kevin the 1984 kid

Nov 16, 2012
Niagara
Wow! How is this not sold yet!?? I wish I would have waited I payed 4200$ for mine that I got in May...with no leds. Same condition....
Great DMD game for a fair price in today market. This is the cheapest John Popadiuk game you can buy, I'm glad I have it in my collection. Now I need a Steve Ritchie pin back in the mix :)

Reactions: atariaction

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
Wow! How is this not sold yet!?? I wish I would have waited I payed 4200$ for mine that I got in May...with no leds. Same condition....
Great DMD game for a fair price in today market. This is the cheapest John Popadiuk game you can buy, I'm glad I have it in my collection. Now I need a Steve Ritchie pin back in the mix :)

You may be able to find a Star Wars Episode 1 a little cheaper... but then you'd have a Star Wars Episode 1 and not a WCS :)

Yellowghost

Oct 6, 2016
Manitoba
Ya, the market will generally dictate the price. If the price is too high the pin wont sell or will take a while to sell. Priced too low and it will be sold before you click on the link!
The prices people charge are very frustrating to me. Even as we speak, there is a nice world cup soccer on pinside for 3,000. Which seems to be average price. Convert that to canadian dollars and you get 3600 canadian. The prices here should hover around that price. If the leds installed in this machine are a full kit from cointaker or whatever, then its fair to charge more because thats close to 200 dollars. If it had a color dmd, its fair to charge extra for that too. Etc etc. However the same goes for wear or damage. Is there a chunk of the backbox missing. Faded decals etc. That should be MINUSED from the price.
It seems far to many people would look at pinside prices, convert to US dollars(which I guess is fair) then factor in the costs of importing that machine into their price.

Status
Not open for further replies.