• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB: GnR

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Jesus is $5k the new pinside going price?

I know 2-3 people who have a GNR, will ask them and see if they are ready to cash out..err... i mean sell :lol:

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
One was for sale on Quebec Kijiji for $5500. Also seen others for sale from 5k to 5.5k, so yes that seems to be the going rate for this game.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
quarter grabber said:
One was for sale on Quebec Kijiji for $5500. Also seen others for sale from 5k to 5.5k, so yes that seems to be the going rate for this game.

Damn, wish I never sold my minty GNR last summer for $4000. It had a nice unfaded cab, no AXL hole wear (installed a cliffy as soon as I got it), no playfield wear in general, ramps and plastics were in very nice shape with no cracks and I even made a custom interactive topper for it too.

7215883230_9550d8cfc6_c.jpg

7215877974_28da8e8fc3_c.jpg

7215880158_cf636fac54_c.jpg

7215879572_ae787cec84_c.jpg

7215881448_d7e9833c7f_c.jpg

7215881914_dae45995f5_c.jpg

7286863546_73810ece9d_c.jpg

7308013296_a2c85c4e04_c.jpg

7308011868_f635094022_c.jpg

Also quarter grabber just because you see a game listed for $X amount or if you over paid for a particular title does not mean it is the going rate for it even if it was previously owned by a pinball champ. Let's not get all pinside on GNR as it really seemed to backfire on Mike here when he posted what it should be worth --> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... s-it-worth

Reading that thread really makes me wish I still had my GNR as I would PM each and every one of those guys and give them a deal of a lifetime for $5995 for my old one :p

Mike just be patient and sure a nice GNR will come along or someone with one might read this and take up your generous offer. I forgot to ask you last night but have you even played a GNR???

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
quarter grabber said:

Damn, wish I never sold my minty GNR last summer for $4000. It had a nice unfaded cab, no AXL hole wear (installed a cliffy as soon as I got it), no playfield wear in general, ramps and plastics were in very nice shape with no cracks and I even made a custom interactive topper for it too.

Also quarter grabber just because you see a game listed for $X amount or if you over paid for a particular title does not mean it is the going rate for it even if it was previously owned by a pinball champ. Let's not get all pinside on GNR as it really seemed to backfire on Mike here when he posted what it should be worth --> http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... s-it-worth

Reading that thread really makes me wish I still had my GNR as I would PM each and every one of those guys and give them a deal of a lifetime for $5995 for my old one :p

Mike just be patient and sure a nice GNR will come along or someone with one might read this and take up your generous offer. I forgot to ask you last night but have you even played a GNR???

Holy crap! You could have easily sold that for $5,500 in todays market. I'd like to know what lucky person got that beautiful example of the game? With topper to boot.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
quarter grabber said:
Holy crap! You could have easily sold that for $5,500 in todays market. I'd like to know what lucky person got that beautiful example of the game? With topper to boot.

It was sold to Scott aka WARLOCK who had it signed by Slash last summer at the Belleville rock festival who then did a trade with monkeybug for a few pins.

8206205426_1c3fc3c412_c.jpg

Feel free to PM him your offer of $5500 before the price goes up by Christmas.

REVOLUTION said:
Keep in mind though, Mike sold it to a friend. I'll take friendship over the bottom-line any day. :)

Are we friends Brock? After reading that Maaca STTNG value thread I think I sold it to you for waaaaaaaay to cheap now.

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
It was sold to Scott aka WARLOCK who had it signed by Slash last summer at the Belleville rock festival who then did a trade with monkeybug for a few pins.

Cool, I'm glad it went to Scott. He's a really nice guy and deserves such a good price.

Beafraid

Dec 13, 2012
Maple
Ya ya ya....can we get back to finding me one? Come on Enabler, do your thing before I run out of money.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Mike if you pursue the GNR above make sure you get more pics because the head looks pretty rough so that could be an indication to how the rest of the game might look like but I could be wrong. Make sure you ask for details like if the magnets work during multiball and pics of the cab for fade, ramps, plastics, shooter lane, AXL hole and the area in the front of it could look like this or have been touched up. I'll text you later once I hear back from the few other collectors I have reached out to and see if they are willing to part with their GNR.

Attachments

• DSC01768.JPG
    DSC01768.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 773

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
Mike if you pursue the GNR above make sure you get more pics because the head looks pretty rough so that could be an indication to how the rest of the game might look like but I could be wrong. Make sure you ask for details like if the magnets work during multiball and pics of the cab for fade, ramps, plastics, shooter lane, AXL hole and the area in the front of it could look like this or have been touched up. I'll text you later once I hear back from the few other collectors I have reached out to and see if they are willing to part with their GNR.

Holy crap, how did you even see that? Man that is one good eye you have Wong! :)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
quarter grabber said:
Holy crap, how did you even see that? Man that is one good eye you have Wong! :)

I didn't say I saw that in the pic and it would be impossible since the angle doesn't show the playfield and only the head. I was just merely suggesting that if Mike was going to pursue to get pics and don't be surprised if there is playfield wear like that on that GNR otherwise why else would the seller only have one pic unless there are flaws they are trying to hide.

You need to calm down, relax and read other people's posts more carefully and put in a bit more thought into what you have to say or contribute to this small community. You need to stop this bullshit mentality for pricing and hyping up machines. I see this crap on pinside daily where someone posts a machine up for sale with few obscure pics or even sometimes thumbnail sized pics and others are chiming in an saying "very nice example" or "looks mint" or "i would buy that if I was closer" or in your case "wow that looks pristine!" :FP:

FT STTNG

I am not knocking the seller Sylvain and sure his STTNG FS/FT is nice as all his other machines he has sold over the past few months but seriously a pic of the ColorDMD, left side of the cab only and general shot of the playfield with no close ups on known high wear areas like the Neutral Zone (which I see has a Cliffy) you can come to this conclusion? Seriously, keep this sort of non sense for pinside where it is more widely accepted.

In regards to STTNG value, I could have probably got more for mine but Brock was a bit turned off by the ships which appear to be painted by some talentless hack so I had to discount it from your projected $5000 to $3500 and throw in the ColorDMD too :cry: So that is the new market price guys for a STTNG with a ColorDMD display.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
mwong168 said:
In regards to STTNG value, I could have probably got more for mine but Brock was a bit turned off by the ships which appear to be painted by some talentless hack so I had to discount it from your projected $5000 to $3500 and throw in the ColorDMD too :cry: So that is the new market price guys for a STTNG with a ColorDMD display.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brock, I want dibs at $3500 ;)

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
mwong168 said:
You need to calm down, relax and read other people's posts more carefully and put in a bit more thought into what you have to say or contribute to this small community. You need to stop this bullshit mentality for pricing and hyping up machines.

:!: