• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB WPC DMD Board

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
Looking to buy a wpc dmd high voltage board. Would prefer a working one but would be OK with a non working one.
PM me and let me know what you have and how much you want.

Thanks
Mitch

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
I am currently in talks with them. They are giving me a a bit of a deal if i buy a new one. I didnt buy the board myself it came in my no fear so they dont really have to do anything. They said the board failure rate is less then 1%.

RJW

Nov 16, 2012
Woolwich, ON
Hey, I think that's my old No Fear.

I may have a spare nonworking board, I'll check when I get home tomorrow?

I see you're local to me as well.

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
Quick update I ended up buying a new controller board from pinled direct from Germany. Despite the company insisting that the board wasn't bad and that they have never had a bad one they agreed to pay for shipping if I paid for the board 89 euro. Got the new board fixed the problem. Ended up ordering a new surface mount ic chip from China because pinled wouldn't sell me one because they said they never break. Got the surface mount chip in today from China and carefully removed the old one and installed the new one and surprise surprise the board works perfect now. Guess I have a spare now and the ic chip only cost 10 dollars from China shipped.

see link for chip replacement. Did the whole thing with a solder iron and a steak knife.

http://s891.photobucket.com/user/mitch_ ... sort=3&o=1

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
mitch_a said:
Quick update I ended up buying a new controller board from pinled direct from Germany. Despite the company insisting that the board wasn't bad and that they have never had a bad one they agreed to pay for shipping if I paid for the board 89 euro. Got the new board fixed the problem. Ended up ordering a new surface mount ic chip from China because pinled wouldn't sell me one because they said they never break. Got the surface mount chip in today from China and carefully removed the old one and installed the new one and surprise surprise the board works perfect now. Guess I have a spare now and the ic chip only cost 10 dollars from China shipped.

see link for chip replacement. Did the whole thing with a solder iron and a steak knife.

http://s891.photobucket.com/user/mitch_ ... sort=3&o=1
Nice, good job at getting it fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
I don't know how I missed this before and why PinLED didn't mention it, but that empty chip socket above the chip you changed looks suspiciously like it's wired in parallel and probably would have taken a standard ram chip. :FP:

Congrats on fixing it! You did a fantastic job!

mitch_a

Mar 2, 2014
Bamberg Ontario
The socket above is parallel that's where I checked my continuity with the new chip I just had no idea what chip to buy for that socket. I've never worked on circuit boards until a couple months ago.

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
I'm sure they could tell you, but my guess would be a 6264 ram since that's what the original boards used. The code for the DMD controller still has to be able to access the same address space. Or it would be the DIP equivalent of the chip you replaced.