• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD XMEN LE Wolverine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
This is probably the cleanest Wolverine you're likely to find.

If you are not familiar with the pin, I urge you to come and try it out.
XM was the first Stern pin in a long time to have hand-drawn artwork, custom full screen animations, custom sounds/callouts, music etc...
It features great gameplay with very tight and varied shots from 3 flippers. It is probably one of the BEST layouts for combos which, in the latest code, become a massive strategic element.
You can collect hero modes towards your battle with Magneto and Danger Room wizard mode... or go after Villains like Sentinels and Juggernaut on your way to the Dark Phoenix multi-ball wizard mode. I haven't seen it yet, but the mode is sort of like power-down mode on JM. DP attacks the city (the playfield) and you have to hold her off. As you lose balls, parts of the city get destroyed and the playfeld sections go dark and cannot be used to defeat her. Maybe I need to have a game with the glass off before this leaves my hands :D

I have installed all sorts of protection on this game so it looks as good as the day I got it.
Cliffy's and Mantis protectors, pinbits plastic protector set and tons of clear vinyl in high wear areas like shooter lane, around night-crawler inserts, scoops etc..
I also upgraded the cheap posts that Stern installed at the ramp entrances with more robust BW syle posts and Cliffy's coloured sleeves.
Black rubber replaced with white and upgraded Cointaker Retro bulbs at the scoop and on the pop bumpers.
For cosmetics, I replaced the factory chrome T-molding on the head cabinet with mathcing blue. Looks way better IMO!

The LE comes with 3 extra toys not available on the pro.
-MM style pop-up Nightcrawler tergets. You have to catch NC as he teleports from one side of the playfield to the other!
-Magnetic spinning disc under Mangeto which produces an awesome spinning vortex for mutiball start and great random play
-Moving iceman ramp that swings from right to left during iceman mode and a few others

Another feature of the LE that most people don't appreciate is the colour changing LED GI effects. Each character and mode gets its own colour scheme. Dark blue with lightning flashes for Storm, or an all red playfield for Sentinels. It's pretty cool!
In additon, you also get a real lockdown mech in the LE, real playfield slide rails, custom powdercoated trim, real mirrored backglass, yada-yada.

The latest code release brought in the Deadpool character. He can be "hired" by shooting a certain number of combos. Then he helps you to deal heavier damage to villains and make it a bit easier to reach Dark Phoenix.

This is a great players game with tough shots, tons of depth and great art!
My collection is moving towards older titles and I'm ready to let this go to a home where it'll get more love.

Hope I've covered everything and more ;)
But please feel free to ask questions.

I will still entertain trades or partial trades for a select few titles like: TOM, TOTAN, ACDC premium, Godzilla.. maybe some others, not sure? But, space is what I really need, so cash offers are preferred.

Thanks for looking.
Adriano

Attachments

• IMG_6848.JPG
    IMG_6848.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_6850.JPG
    IMG_6850.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_6853.JPG
    IMG_6853.JPG
    266.1 KB · Views: 342

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: FS - XMEN LE Wolverine $6600

Some detail shots.
Not a spot of wear anywhere.

Attachments

• IMG_6839.JPG
    IMG_6839.JPG
    274.5 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_6840.JPG
    IMG_6840.JPG
    240.7 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_6852.JPG
    IMG_6852.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_6857.JPG
    IMG_6857.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_6862.JPG
    IMG_6862.JPG
    285.8 KB · Views: 341

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Re: FS - XMEN LE Wolverine $6600

Just thought I'd bump this one back up to the top for a bit ;)

I've had a few nibbles and some trade offers... but nothing solid yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.