• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP 007 Scuba Kicker Mod

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
Has anyone tried this out ? I kinda hate the whole scuba thing and this makes a neat upgrade:

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
The mod maker for the ball eating shark also has a good argument. That doesn’t change the fact that game play has been fundamentally changed.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
not trying to bring anyone over to the dark side here, but the fact that it changes the play is what Im interested in. You dont have to be ;)
I get what you are saying :)

I'm too old (and cheap) to understand the need to make games easier since the more you play, the better you will get, without the need to dumb down or modify games :) Can't beat FREE! There's the Labyrinth thread on Pinside where ppl are asking the company to dumb down the rules so the wizard mode is achievable by casuals. It's a pretty polarizing and divisive subject lol.

I've now been playing at least an hour a day since 2020. It's not a magic moment that happens and the improvements were unnoticeably subtle. I remember I owned LOTR a LONG time ago (early 2000s). Never got close to Valinor. Bought it again in 2020 or 2021. Beat Valinor in 3 weeks.
Also when I look at my GC scores on my unmodified games, I definitely see the improvement. 4.2B on JP, 12,6B on SW, 7.4B on JAWS. I struggle with new games for quite some time (except Sterns since the all FEEL the same). I'm still learning my shots on LT but I have hit the billion mark, which isn't great but still decent.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I get what you are saying :)

I'm too old (and cheap) to understand the need to make games easier since the more you play, the better you will get, without the need to dumb down or modify games :) Can't beat FREE!

I've now been playing at least an hour a day since 2020. It's not a magic moment that happens and the improvements were unnoticeably subtle. I remember I owned LOTR a LONG time ago (early 2000s). Never got close to Valinor. Bought it again in 2020 or 2021. Beat Valinor in 3 weeks.
Also when I look at my GC scores on my unmodified games, I definitely see the improvement. 4.2B on JP, 12,6B on SW, 7.4B on JAWS. I struggle with new games for quite some time (except Sterns since the all FEEL the same). I'm still learning my shots on LT but I have hit the billion mark, which isn't great but still decent.
ah - not trying to make the game easier. I genuinely hated the scuba scoop and clunkiness since I got the game. I think its an aftermarket mod thats of the same quality (har-har) as the rest of the stern parts so it'll still look good.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Ah - I thought it was a mod similar to "shark eats ball". I've only played Bond maybe 2-3 times. Other than knowing the scuba scoop is on the left (like Stranger Things) I know not much else lol.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
Ah - I thought it was a mod similar to "shark eats ball". I've only played Bond maybe 2-3 times. Other than knowing the scuba scoop is on the left (like Stranger Things) I know not much else lol.
I haven't looked at that mod, dont have Jaws but I'll have to take a look now out of curiosity. The mod will remove some of the randomness of the eject, but I didnt find I was getting STDMs from that. I just find my 007 a little clunky compared to my other games - it feels similar to Deadpool. I loved the Deadpool theme, but couldnt connect with the play and sold it. My girlfriend loves 007, so I dont think thats an option, haha. I'll have to do some tweaking when I install the mod to try and smooth it out a bit.