• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

2018 Fall Ann Arbor Mini Pinball Show Sept 29, 2018

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Clay posted this on pinside:

cropped-vfw1mod.jpg

I would like to announce a Fall Ann Arbor mini pinball show. This will be Saturday September 29, 2018 at from 10am to 8pm. Like our full-blow spring show, over 400 pinball games on free play available. But unlike the spring event, this will *not* be a pre-register event. It will be cash-at-the-door. We are thinking about a $5 pre-register via paypal to keep numbers in check. But I guess i'm willing to hear ideas on that. But we may just try no pre-register and see where this goes. For a first time event, i have to figure it will be pretty tame in terms of numbers.

It's kind of an experiment to see if there's interest in this. We'll try this fall mini-show in this format, and see where it goes!
See http://vfwpinball.com for more details

Thanks!
cfh@provide.net

Reactions: WARLOCK

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
If you want to play a large number of different machines of all eras this is the place to go.
I find it a good place to play them before I consider buying them.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Thanks for the heads up about this show, just bought my ticket, have gone in the past and enjoyed trying the many different games.

Pinballer

May 16, 2013
Etobicoke
Just got back from the show, really enjoyed playing the different games, I was always able to find a free game that I wanted to play, mostly 90's DMD,s. I did find that the games were starting to show a few more issues than in years past and the place is extremely noisy, so I just listened to my own loud mp3 music the whole time. I never did manage to get a high score but had a great game of ghostbuters, getting a high enough score for a totally unnecessary free game. Forty dollars (US) is a little steep but I think I got my moneys worth. I was there from 12 - 7:30 and probably only took about a half hour total away time. I am all pinballed out and my wife enjoyed shopping in some of the nearby US stores (that cost us more than the pinball). I went for a short walk in the parking lot and did see one Ontario plate , 95% of the cars were from Michigan. Nice to see a pretty good mix of people there, not just 30, 40 and 50 year old men. There were several couples there and even some teenagers. I guess Pinball is starting to appeal to a wider group of the population.