• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

60 Years of Gaming ~ Ontario Science Centre

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
i have a membership, I've been to the exhibit a couple of times.

There is an EM machine running, can't recall the name. They also had a BOP on display but was powered off both times I was there. It may never be on, since it was part of a "museum" of classics that were mostly dead games with no power.

100+ console games from all eras and maybe 20 classic arcade cabinet games... Tron, DK, Track & Field, Buck Rogers, can't recall the rest.

I plan to go with my wife sometime during the day when its dead to get on some of the classic vids. When I'm there with my kids I have to watch them so no hands-on time for me.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
was there again today.

There is a BOP which is in much sadder shape than when I first saw it, the scoring displays are all 88888888888 now.

Spy Hunter pin is gone, replaced by 2 EMs.

The pins are at the main entrance to the exhibit so they probably get ridden hard all day long. They've never been free for me to play them, and I've been there several times (membership).

Too bad they don't have any new pins.... like to show the tens of thousands of patrons they still exist. They have "new" gaming technology shown in other parts of the exhibit.

Hugthemouse

Jul 28, 2013
Guelph
Totally agree with your points frolic. Was there on Friday with my boys. Overall it was a great exhibit. Place was over run with kids from summer day camps. I was saddened by the condition on the pins. I am sure it is the first chance a lot of kids have had to play pinball and I wonder what their opinions of the games are when 2 out of the 3 pins have a broken flipper. The interest in pins was certainly there as I didn't once see a pin idle. Too bad they couldn't have something newer that was working like an Avengers or X-men that would appeal to kids.

I really did enjoy re-living my arcade days playing Missile Command, Asteroids, Galaga, and Track & Field. Got me thinking I may need a cabinet video game next to my pin...

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Was there again today and finally got on BOP!

It was in permanent tilt mode, people were walking up to it, but it was dead. Luckily my wife and I swooped in at first opportunity and rebooted it and it was back up and running so we played a 2 player game.

I've only played BOP on ipad so it was great to play it for real. The scoring was working again. The game was dirty but functional. It had a credit dot, but the faces were working.

Still a shame they put the pins at the main entrance so they get beat on non-stop. They should put them at the end with the other 80s arcade cabinets, but oh well. the exhibit will be closing in a few weeks.