• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

A couple new additions- FINALLY HOME!

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON
Well, after a crazy couple of months things finally happened. The Docs and my wife had enough and plans were made to have everyone organized for a C section and to cover all possible problems. However, the day of the planned C section the babies had other plans and decided to come 2 hours earlier. That threw all the plans out the window and at 11:46am, Jan 21, 2013 my wife gave birth to our daughter Joscelin (2.13lbs) and at 1200 noon Carter followed in style with feet first at 3.12lbs. She needed alot of help and literally had 20 people in the Operating Room. 4 Obstetrics high risk docs, 2 general surgeons, 4 pediatrics docs (2per baby), respratory therapists, 2 anesthetist, nurses out the ying yang and me holding a wet cloth. All in all it went well. Actually, because of Lauras history the end result (no C section) was the best result but had something happened things would have been drastically different. Getting to the babies would have been very slow. It was actually funny at the end, when 4 of the docs were busy finishing up (no details) and having a relaxed conversation as if chilling over a few beer and saying "that was one for the record books". I never fainted once :).

Laura is recovering and has a couple hurdles to overcome but all in all she's happy and working hard to get better so she can see them in the nursery or NICU. Babies are breathing under their own power and things look good. I need to go home now and shower since i've been here for 5 days/4 nights now. Stink is an understatement.

So, thanks for all the support guys. You know who you are. Much appreciated.

Mike

medvet

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Re: A couple new additions

Huge congrats Mike. I'm so happy for you and Laura. I've been there too as you know and finally holding them in your arms makes everything worth it.
Post some pics once you're settled and give Laura my best wishes and a speedy recovery.
ME

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough

Mike,
Congrats to you and Laura on your new family. We are all so very happy for you all that everything went well.
All the very best.
Scott

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Congrats on the babies Mike and glad you got a phone with a working screen and able to respond to my text messages :) Please post some pics when you get a chance.

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON

Hi Mike,

Congratulations to Laura and you on the 'million dollar' delivery! Glad to see that nature took over and you had a natural birth, natural except for the myriad of support staff. That is unreal.
Sounds like it's all working out - babies are breathing on their own, and your wife is on the road to recovery.

Regards,
Barry

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON

Thanks guys. Got home and am looking for a nice sleep. Pipes are froze but oh well. No shower tonight. I can melt snow in the morning for a warm bath. Oh, and a 4" branch fell during a wind storm on the weekend and is now sticking staight up out of the top of our campers aluminum roof! Things can always be worse! LOL. And I could care less. :)

Back to the fam in the morning :).

Mike

McMean

Nov 14, 2012
Peterborough

Yeehaw! Excellent news and post Mike. Glad the wee ones are doing well, and wishing Laura a speedy recovery. Beautiful!!

Daniel

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca

Thank you for the post . Certainly puts everything in prospective. Family is the most important thing in life . Pinball in just fun and entertainment and really not that important. Congrats

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

Great news Mike!
I still rememeber bringing our twins home. You're in for a fun ride!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon

Yeah, congrats Mike. Who's the father ? :D

I've read that the magnetic field given off by pinball machines may be harmful to newborns. So, what are you selling ? :mrgreen:

Ancient Games

Nov 15, 2012
Kawartha Lakes, ON

Thanks again guys! Its a great feeling after all the years of trying.

Just to answer some of your questions and comments:

No, I'm not selling the dunebuggy. I'll need a 2nd so they don't argue over it when its time to drive.
Pics soon. My wifes incharge of that but i'll get some
I'm the father. :)
Bought a $20 flip phone from future shop. Way better than those stupid smart phones :).
What pins am I selling? Everything is for sale for the right price. ;)