• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

AD FREE INTERNET?!?

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real
Highly considering ordering one of these.
But how long will it last?

http://www.getadtrap.com/

Simply put, AdTrap is a small, zero configuration device that removes ads from your Internet connection before they reach any of your home devices. Video, music streams and mobile apps and websites, all ad free. AdTrap works with any browser and all
of your connected WiFi devices. You can also connect AdTrap directly between your computer and the wall/switch (work, hotel, conference room). AdTrap also works with all- -in-one modem/routers provided by your Internet provider.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
You can do what us cheap ass people do and download Ad Block Plus firefox plugin, it is free, and works perfectly. have not seen an ad in YEARS.

Derek

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Adblock plus fixes the internet. Only advantage to a device like this is that it works at the network level, so it'll also help with other phones/devices, but you might also be able to do the same thing by messing with your router. I haven't tried it, but you might be able to short the DNS queries for some of the major ad hosters. Hard to keep updated-that's what makes adblock so great.

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
thewebexpert said:
You can do what us cheap ass people do and download Ad Block Plus firefox plugin, it is free, and works perfectly. have not seen an ad in YEARS.

Derek

Anyone in Ottawa able to help me load this? I am not the best techie :?