• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

And Stern does it again after saying they wouldn’t

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Guess who is re-releasing LE’s yet again?

That’s right. Stern is releasing Metallica LEs along with the other tiers.

ManaLounge

Apr 29, 2024
London, ON
www.manalounge.ca
FYI - from Stern directly

"Every aspect of the game has been reimagined and reworked, while staying true to the beloved playfield layout that fans know and love.

We’ve ensured that extra care and attention to detail has gone into every facet of Metallica Remastered while respecting the original masterpiece created by pinball legends John Borg and the beloved and iconic, Lyman F. Sheats, Jr. Metallica Remastered now features a full-color LCD display with all new original animations and actual concert footage selected by the band. The new game also brings the entire Metallica universe into our award-winning Insider Connected platform.

All new features will be revealed soon for this modern take on the original masterpiece. This game is a completely new under glass Metallica experience"

Last edited:
Reactions: Chambahz

Joker19

Aug 1, 2021
Gatineau
Ok so same layout and now Stern will hide behind the "Remaster" branding to justify re releasing LEs....

New (old) pin releases are always fun. Probably try and flip it at Expo, if they have it there since they are releasing it on the 16th.

hey you with the face

Apr 15, 2015
newmarket
If you stopped buying a decade ago, you have missed the best decade of pinball machines. I loved the 70's machines, in the 70's and 80's machines in the 80's etc, but today's machines are next level.
True, but I can hit up Antisocial anytime and still be anti sending my dollars to stern.;) Eff Gary, they keep doing this crap screwing over guys that buy LE's.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
True, but I can hit up Antisocial anytime and still be anti sending my dollars to stern.;) Eff Gary, they keep doing this crap screwing over guys that buy LE's.
Antisocial is an amazing Arcade that I plan to frequently, but I've NEVER learned a machine as well as when it's in my gameroom. ...and regardless of the cost. If you maintain it its fairly easy to swap them in and out. I've had 20 in and out of the house over the past 15 years, most of them from the past ten years!

TwilightZone

Nov 25, 2012
Ottawa, ON
They really nailed those that bought EHOH LE. They then did a 40th a couple of years later and those folks really got screwed. It was way overpriced and the only difference was side art, purple armour and a sticker. Then they do the Red Kiss Edition and it's priced at a little above a premium. Godzilla same thing. They did the 40th and it's premium priced. I'd be pissed if I bought a Zilla LE.

Pins4ever

Feb 24, 2020
Calgary
Wait until Stern does more DMD era games. They will kill the used market. That big new shiny factory has to keep pumping out games. How this ends will be very interesting.

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
Wait until Stern does more DMD era games. They will kill the used market. That big new shiny factory has to keep pumping out games. How this ends will be very interesting.
I'm not sure they will kill the used market, but rather their own NIB market. Nobody will buy new machines, in fear that a newer, better version will be released in a year or two. And if nobody buys new machines, there will be no used market.

Reactions: IVPinball

SolidStates

Aug 25, 2024
Ontario
Lord of the Rings would be interesting. I'd be fine buying a used DMD edition but they could do a lot with the video if they can license the assets. I'm pretty sure that one's coming as multiple people commented about LOTR on Stern's youtube channel the other day after the Metallica teaser and Stern replied to most of them. Didn't say yes or confirm anything but felt like they were dropping subtle hints... who knows

Reactions: IVPinball

kool1

Sep 14, 2021
Oakville ON
Ok so same layout and now Stern will hide behind the "Remaster" branding to justify re releasing LEs....
100% - its "remastered"!

I don't care. Stern knows the demand is there. LEs sold out.

Stern is in the business of selling games - good for them. Unfortunately it will probably be rare to find one of these new games as locations all have the OG.