• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Bride of Pinbot

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Welcome aboard!
What a pin to pick right now...urk...2nd choice?
Probably 5-7 members looking actively for one right now. Sorry to say.

Maybe I will go south and bring a truckload of them back. lol (with the $, not now!)
All the best. I do not mean to discourage you, but a tough pin to find locally right now.

Welcome. Cheers.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yup, been wanting a BoP for a little while now.
Not that I ned another pin at this moment... but, ya know ;)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I don't know if I'd spend the money on the 2.0 kit to be honest. Don't really care about having a DMD and i kinda like the rules as they are. It's simple but fun. I guess I'd have to play one to see if there is the upgrade is worth doubling the cost of the pin.

SuperPinball

Feb 3, 2015
Richmond Hill
I dont think 2.0 is worth it. The problem is that since Dutch Pinball released that kit. BOP has been tough to get. One just sold on ebay for 2150 US from Witchita TX. I almost bought it but if I am patient, I'm sure I can get one local eventually.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
*shakes head*

I do not understand in anyway why anyone would want this game.

This game is LITERALLY one shot! You can play this entire game shooting only the left ramp. Then once an a while shooting the center ramp.

That is the entire game, yet there is still a lineup of people who want it.....:picard:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Funny. I don't really understand why people only play pinball for score alone and ignore the fact that designer's intended it to be a "game" to be "played", and winning doesn't always have to come back to points... but here we all are.

:picard:

Reactions: Menace

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Funny. I don't really understand why people only play pinball for score alone and ignore the fact that designer's intended it to be a "game" to be "played", and winning doesn't always have to come back to points... but here we all are.
:picard:

What else is there to do in BOP????!

There are no other shots!

You have the left orbit for a mystery and the center ramp shot for what, some points?

Unless you primary focus is to actually just bat the ball around like a monkey the ONLY thing you are going to shoot for is the left ramp. There is nothing else in the game to shoot for going for score or otherwise!

Yea Doug I'm pretty sure BOP2.0 does address the left ramp and nothing else problem but I haven't done much research since BOP sucks anyway.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
The metamorphosis concept is definitely cool and it's done very well for that era of game.

As a way to start a multi ball it's pretty compelling. Of course Adam is right and the game relies too much on that ramp... but I'd still throw it in the garage for a few months.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
... my favourite games dont even have ramps... :(

Some of mine don't either, I love Frontier, Mars Trek, Quicksilver, Stargazer, Centaur, etc. But as simplistic as they are I find them more fun then BOP. At least in those games while the strategy is simple, it can be challenging, the nature of the different layouts makes shot dangerous and risk vs reward plays a big part in all of them.

BOP after my 7th or 8th MB in the same game, shooting the left ramp over and over and over again each time, it just becomes a game of attrition.

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I don't know if I'd spend the money on the 2.0 kit to be honest. Don't really care about having a DMD and i kinda like the rules as they are. It's simple but fun. I guess I'd have to play one to see if there is the upgrade is worth doubling the cost of the pin.
I like BOP as is, but love the versatility of the 2.0 upgrades. Just makes it a whole different game.

That being said, I can't justify the cost of it just yet either.

i saw one for sell on mr.pinball. Located area Gatineau/Ottawa... I hope help you!

Bride of Pinbot, 1991 Williams: $2500 can
Nice clean game. Well maintained and fully operational. Email for more info.pick up only.
Email
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Posted: 6 January 2015

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
i saw one for sell on mr.pinball. Located area Gatineau/Ottawa... I hope help you!

Bride of Pinbot, 1991 Williams: $2500 can
Nice clean game. Well maintained and fully operational. Email for more info.pick up only.
Email
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Posted: 6 January 2015

I got pics on this BOP and it looked like the cab may have had some black spray paint applied? Not sure... When I asked the seller about it I never got a reply back. This was in early January just after the ad was posted.

I agree with others, the metamorphosis is pretty cool, I'd like to own one if I could pick one up locally.