• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS Cyclone $4,500

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Up for sale is my Cyclone pinball. Made by Williams in 1988. 9,400 units produced. This is the second game in the amusement park / roller coaster trilogy... Comet being the first and Hurricane being the third. Game has a working Ferris wheel, Comet and Cyclone ramps, mystery wheel in backbox and Spooky house scoop to activate. Fun and fast paced with entertaining and family friendly callouts.

Game is in good overall condition. Original Mylar on playfield. Translite is good, cabinet is decent... has been touched up in places. All mechanisms work properly, flippers have been rebuilt with new parts. All new rubber rings and posts sleeves. New plastic star posts... blue and red as per original design. New pop bumper caps and plastic lane guides. New standup target decals. Plastics are in good shape... slingshot plastics were replaced with new. Each of the two main ramps have some chips and cracks at the entrances as well as where the Cyclone ramp whips the ball around to drop off back on the Comet ramp return. None of this affects gameplay. I installed a new subway ramp.

Backbox circuit boards are good. Battery holder could stand to be replaced. Not because of leaking battery damage, but because one of the ceramic tabs holding one of the batteries got brittle over time and disintegrated. So there is a MacGyver wire keeping good contact instead. New LEDs throughout the game... inserts, GI and backbox. 2SMD, frosted dome, cool white with a handful colour matched, but mostly cool white as I think they look better.

Legs are good, new levellers and bolts and cabinet protectors. New wing bolts inside backbox to secure it up. New ball return frames from Cliffy to eliminate flipper hop. Anytime you play an old System 11 game like this where the ball hops a little coming back to the flipper, you know how aggravating it is. You might be surprised how big of a difference these new ball frames make and how much more enjoyable the game is. New coin door lock including two keys... single key for existing backbox lock. Reprint of manual included, black plastic coin tray included as well. Coin mechs work fine, game is on free play. Replaced programming buttons assembly with new (inside coin door).

Displays are original and work well. Not perfect, but close. New pinball... ha! Just one! Game does not have multiball... which had become a rarity for the time. Gameplay works well without it though. Skill shot works correctly... ball does not get hung up on a short plunge and ball will travel all the way through skill shot area on a plunge that's too firm. Correct shooter rod spring strength used. Homemade airball plastic used to go on top of the spooky house target... nothing will startle you more than hitting that drop target dead centre and having the ball come straight back at you clanking off the playfield glass!!

Game is located in Guelph. On the main floor... straight out front door and down four steps of front porch to the driveway. I can help with packing it up and loading, but no delivery or shipping. Cash on glass and I would encourage you to come play the game in person first. I also have my Earthshaker for sale in similar condition and at a similar price. I have a few games I would consider in trade... 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 2 for 1 +/- cash... lots of possibilities. Some games of interest to me are No Fear, Johnny Mnemonic, Demolition Man, Terminator 2, Mousin' Around, Stern Jurassic Park Pro, Stern Star Trek Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_4179.JPG
    IMG_4179.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4183.JPG
    IMG_4183.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4184.JPG
    IMG_4184.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4185.JPG
    IMG_4185.JPG