• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Data East Hook Opinion?

Coitusmysterioso

Jan 13, 2017
Shelburne, Ontario
Does anyone here own a Data East Hook pin?

If so how would you rate the game? I'm looking for a family friendly theme for my 4 kids and I'm REALLY having a hard time making a decision on which pin to get as I've never spent this much on one before.

They all like the movie and it looks like a cool pin from the videos I've seen but I wasn't able to play it this week while at the PB HOF in Vegas.

What would be the price range for one of these units?

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
If you want a fun pin that is family friendly and you're prepared to spend that kind of money ^^^^ I highly recommend a game like Getaway High Speed II. Much more fun!

Coitusmysterioso

Jan 13, 2017
Shelburne, Ontario
Thanks for the feedback gents. I was looking at those two on Kijiji but also have a possible lead on a Getaway I just would have to wait till the spring for that one and I want a new toy! LOL

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Go to Ann Arbor and play a bunch at their open house.
Really helps with seeing how the game plays. Make a good short list and wait until one comes up and grab it fast.
There's plenty of fun titles that just don't quite scream own it to me.

KO Amps

Nov 12, 2017
North Bay, ON
www.koamps.com
I’ve got a hook and the kids love it. I like it too, it’s not the best pin but a good starter machine. Would have rather had a taxi or a diner in that price range but beggars can’t be choosers up north where I am.