• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Disney ruins your (Star Wars) Childhood!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Meh, doesn't mean anything. No worse than Marvel or DC hitting the reset button (which they've done multiple times), or just downright contradicting continuity without an explanation (which they've done MANY times). I'm just hoping that they manage to pull off something good with the universe now. Episode 7 could be great...

The real question is, will we get a good Star Wars pinball out of it?

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Damn those hipsters.

My kids can't figure out why I like Star Wars. The whole franchise has been watered down. I keep explaining to them that Jar Jar didn't exist and the ewoks were the worst thing in the series.

My kids prefer any Indiana Jones movie over any Star Wars movie. I can see why.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
This just means that the next 3 movies will draw their content from the first 6 movies, not from the expanded universe, or from the trilogy of books that was written as an "after return of the Jedi" plot line.

I don't see this as bad news. Disney is one of the few company's that can throw enough money at it to make it great. Just look at how great the marvel movies are.

I hope they change Indiana jones into a kinda James Bond story line. In the sence that many actors have played bond and the cariture lives on in many different stories. Indiana jones is such a hopefully franchise

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
Before the prequels had come out, it was declared the only canon they were sticking with was the original series. So, not surprised by this news, nor does it upset me. I just hope the new movies are half decent. The prequels are unwatchable now.