• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Dmd toast?

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
The bottom third of my plasma dmd is blank. Is this what happens when it off gases, or is it something else? I've read that repairing the odd missing line can be painful, but this seems like a different problem?

Thanks

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Ouch.
Sounds like it has gassed and gone on the bottom then.
I have only had 1 go myself, (not quite like that) though.
Maybe some others know.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
It's strange for sure. When DMD's outgas they usually show signs of slow "warm up" when powered on, or areas of the DMD start to flicker or get blotchy. Where your bottom 3rd of the DMD is blank and if it's a straight line cut I would start to look at the ribbon cables that carry the data from the MPU to the DMD driver and from the DMD driver to the DMD itself. Try re-seating all of the ribbon cables and see if you notice any change.

If not, hopefully you have another DMD machine you can test this DMD in just to confirm.

D

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
Thanks guys. Yes I've swapped ribbon cables and the problem remained. I also swapped the dmd with another game and the problem disappeared, so it is definitely an issue with the dmd. I guess it's time for a new one :(