• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Driving in the US and dry counties

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Just a bit of a heads up for those of you who travel in the US and like a frosty beverage.
I had a union member who received a DUI when pulled over in a dry county (that the interstate ran through) in NY state. Being a dry county they had a zero tolerance for drinking and driving (they claimed they had one drink). It got very costly and required attending a US court date.
So along with not having large amounts of cash to be confiscated keep this in mind also.

A public service message.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
wow, never knew that about the dry county thing, thanks for that.

What scares me even more is what you mentioned about them taking your cash... Civil forfeiture is some scary shit. The police down there can literally take your stuff, no questions asked. I'm definitely not traveling in the US with thousands in cash anymore.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks[/youtube]

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I watched that video and some funny stuff in there especially the one where the cops buy a margarita machine with some of the seized cash :lol:

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Well, I am obligated to believe that this person had only one drink. Most of my research shows that the limit in most places is still 0.08 (even the dry ones)
If you have children in the car they can add felony child endangerment. The person I know was charged with this.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
The police are no better then a street gang. IMHO. From experience I know that they lie and they assault people regularly. This looks like they steal too.

No better then common thugs