• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Earthshaker! $4,600 SOLD PPU!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Gauging interest in selling my Earthshaker. Game plays great and is in good shape overall. I only got it a couple months ago from another forum member and while I enjoy playing it, it's gotten pretty easy. Spam the ramp routine, lol. Still fun, just not dying to play it when I get home. You know how it is.

I tore down the topside after I got it. New rubber rings and post sleeves (yellow), brand new complete flipper assemblies including new bats on all three flippers. New plastic star posts throughout. LED's in backbox, GI and playfield inserts and most of the flashers. New plastic set installed (most of it was already installed and I did the remaining pieces when I had all the ramps out). Ramps are decent. Some chips and cracks at the entrances that don't affect gameplay and are now protected against further damage with the metal ramp protectors. Scoop and saucer already had hole protectors on them.

Playfield is good, not great. Most of the wide open areas in the centre are nice, inserts not worn on the edges. Back up around the pop bumpers things got a little worn and filthy and similar near the scoop top right. Likely just from being inherently difficult to get in and clean those areas without taking things apart. Corrected quite a few little hacks or switcharoo thingys like the wrong metal posts in different places and wiring mistakes.

Shaker motor works well as does the fault plate mechanism. Game does not have the sinking building mod, just the regular version the production games came with. Backglass is in good shape as is the cabinet, not perfect though. New backglass plastic trim on all four sides. New playfield support carriage bolts put in along with the pivot nuts it needed. New power cord installed. Coin box added (was missing). Coin mechanisms work though game is set to free play. Legs came powder coated yellow and look nice, kinda fits for this title. Red leg protectors, red flipper buttons. New backbox bracket on the back as well as new wingnut bolts for inside the backbox to secure it up. New coin door lock with two keys. Single key for backbox lock. Displays original and working well. Batteries still on board, holder to be replaced as there is a little MacGyver wire on one of the tabs to ensure a good connection. Likely a few other things I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Was thinking of listing the game at something like $4,900 and accepting $4,700. I have my eye on a game I've had in my top ten to pursue list for some time and one came up recently that I would like to consider. One in, one out now though... pin space is max'ed out here.

Attachments

• IMG_4642.JPG
    IMG_4642.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4981.JPG
    IMG_4981.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5023.JPG
    IMG_5023.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5024.JPG
    IMG_5024.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5027.JPG
    IMG_5027.JPG
    208.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5038.JPG
    IMG_5038.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5041.JPG
    IMG_5041.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5043.JPG
    IMG_5043.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 71

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Haha... I think someone said the same thing to Guard about the Whirlwind he just got!! I love Whirlwind and would for sure like to get one into my collection. Both of them. But if I only had room for one, it would be Whirlwind not Earthshaker. Both great games but Whirlwind is much better.

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Just want to say that is the best decription of a for sale game I have seen in a long time. It takes a long time to put that much detail in the post, and I'm sure others appreciate it as well.

I did a full playfield swap and rebuild on an earthshaer last year. really fun machine. Price seems reasonable too. GLWTS

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Just want to say that is the best decription of a for sale game I have seen in a long time. It takes a long time to put that much detail in the post, and I'm sure others appreciate it as well.

I did a full playfield swap and rebuild on an earthshaer last year. really fun machine. Price seems reasonable too. GLWTS
Thanks man! I don't know any other way! And believe me, if I knew where the off switch to the "high attention to detail" thing was, I would use it from time to time. Even dial it down to medium every once in a while, lol! All good. I have the time and inclination and honestly enjoy going over games like this. I like getting them right and pretty and also playing the crap out of them. Best of both worlds.

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Bump!

Make an offer... and open to trades... Demolition Man, No Fear, Johnny Mnemonic, Mousin' Around are near the top of the list. Can add cash to even out values.

My Cyclone can be a part of that too... around the same price... $4,500 takes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.