• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Electronics tool on kickstarter

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I wish that I had the skill set to fully use something like this, but I'd imagine it would be pretty useful to a lot of guys here that are more skilled then I.

Get in early and it's only $195 shipped to Canada
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69 ... y_launched

Key Features:

32 KHz Function Generator with seven waveforms
Offset, amplitude, and frequency control.
Audio range dual channel auto-triggered oscilloscope, 25 KHz, seven ranges.
Spectral Display with spectrogram and waterfall mode for imaging audio signals at seven sampling rates.
Full color backlit 320 x 240 pixel TFT display.
Switches, potentiometers, and LEDs for projects.
Three power supplies at -12V, +5V, +12V.
Large surface breadboard for building complex circuits.
Textbook/manual with solved problems and labs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 256

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Menace said:
Seeing as we're talking about Kickstarter projects, this one is probably perfect for a number of pinball / arcade hobbiests.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/69 ... me_popular

D

This one is pretty neat. However, I don't know if it would replace my DMM as a basement hobbyist, what about pin techs on the go? Menace? Grauwulf?

$49 price tag is pretty affordable.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Given the cost of good DMM's, if the featureset is rich and the sample rate is high there's no reason for any hobbiest to NOT jump on this given the price. If I didn't already have a Fluke I would be all over this for sure. The one thing I will say that this has going for it is the wifi setup. I can't tell you how many times my DMM leads were not long enough to measure something on a pin easily!

I might go ahead and pull the trigger on this just for the hell of it...

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Group buy wouldn't be a bad idea if a bunch of us wanted in on this? I would save the international shipping regardless as I have a US address that I use when buying out of the US of A. :)

D

Grauwulf

Nov 14, 2012
Guelph, Ont
Menace said:
Given the cost of good DMM's, if the featureset is rich and the sample rate is high there's no reason for any hobbiest to NOT jump on this given the price. If I didn't already have a Fluke I would be all over this for sure. The one thing I will say that this has going for it is the wifi setup. I can't tell you how many times my DMM leads were not long enough to measure something on a pin easily!

I might go ahead and pull the trigger on this just for the hell of it...

D

I've run in to this same issue more times than I care to count, test leads just never seem to be long enough. Sadly they are only developing for i-devices and Android. I don't have either that I carry with me all the time. If the android version could be sideloaded and function correctly on a BB10 device they would have my attention for sure. My only two must-haves in a meter other than accuracy, resolution and ease of use is beep on diode test and the continuity tone that is is either loud or can be adjusted to be if needed. Those are my biggest beefs with my Mac Tools meter and my Mastercraft meter.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I read the other day that Clay has a DMM with a built in Logic Probe! Now THAT would be a kick ass feature to have. Wonder if these guys can include something like that in their software... I'mma contact them about LP and capacitance testing and report back here.

D

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Got an email from Larry, unfortunately no plans for a logic probe but they do plan to include a capacitance meter in a later release. I've asked if the cap meter is as simple as a software upgrade or if it requires a hardware rev, so we'll wait and see.

It's really too bad there are no plans for a logic probe. :(

D