• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[FOUND]: Stargazer or Maousin Around or Radical!

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
Re: WTB: Radical

Vengeance said:
Post is 11 months old, I'm assuming he might have brought it to last years Allentown :)

Yeah, but he hadn't sold it. Then I found another thread that is 7 months old, and yes, he sold it. But the guy had it sitting at $1000 for a while and no one would bute at it, even when he said he would take it to A-town. I find that surprising.

Re: Frontier. LOL...you never miss an opportunity, that's for sure. :)

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa

No, not surprising. I saw that piece of shit at Allentown and was gonna buy it but she was beyond rough.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon

Williams Fan said:
No, not surprising. I saw that piece of shit at Allentown and was gonna buy it but she was beyond rough.

I guess. but personally, this is exactly the condition of pin that I like. I'm not going to have to pay double ( or triple ) the price because someone else decided to do an over-the-top restore. Some touch-ups, inserts and then clearcoat and then you have a pretty nice looking game.

If I had known about it, it would have been gone.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: WTB: Radical, Stargazer or Maousin Around

Still looking, I have had 0 leads thus far

Someone somewhere has to have one of these games for sale

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: WTB: Radical, Stargazer or Maousin Around

*shurgs*

got a line on Mousin out of Ohio from pinside now, I got a buddy coming from Ohio to Pinburgh so maybe that will pan out, but it's a long shot.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Re: WTB: Stargazer or Maousin Around

Found my Radical!!

After months of looking and not a single lead anywhere on a machine, Jason found me on at the Ohio show.

Thanks very much to Jason for finding the machine and bringing it back and thanks to Walt and Scott for picking it up for me on Sunday from Jason as I'm out of town this weekend

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

Awesome and glad you found a Radical! I have never played one except on pinmame and it is very rampy and you would almost think it was designed by Dennis Nordman.

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon

Great find ! Definitely a rarish system 11.

Now I will take the opportunity to lecture you that you should have taken my Stargazer. Yeah, it needed some work, but it played fine and it would would have been fun to fix up. :p

As an aside, what was the deciding factor in determining which machines bore the "Bally" name and which pins were "williams" ? Was it simply that the games that were produced from the physical Bally factory continued to bear that name ? What's the deal ?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON

Yea its a very cool layout lots of ramps and diverters 4 flippers a very simplistic game but very fun in its execution. I had to play it in papa A last year and it was a blast to play and I've been looking ever since.

also seems like a very low production game so Im very happy to have found one.

movingpictures

Nov 29, 2012
Mont-Real

Congrats on the Radical!

I've been obsessively watching YouTube videos of the game but have never played one.

I love the theme and music/sound (thrashin was my fav movie growing up).
Especially the attract mode song.

I gave up my search as it rarely comes up for sale, and if it does it's most likely in California somewhere.

Enjoy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.