• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Game of Thrones Premium/LE

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Just throwing this out there in case someone bought one and has decided they don't want to keep it. I've got a couple of things I'd consider trading towards it, but could also just do a cash deal and sell something else. I'd probably go premium over LE just to save a few bucks, but it depends on what's out there.

If nothing comes up, I may just get one NIB eventually. They'll be making them for a while, and I'm wondering if there'll be a mid-run refresh with new art that might look better.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Just throwing this out there in case someone bought one and has decided they don't want to keep it. I've got a couple of things I'd consider trading towards it, but could also just do a cash deal and sell something else. I'd probably go premium over LE just to save a few bucks, but it depends on what's out there.

If nothing comes up, I may just get one NIB eventually. They'll be making them for a while, and I'm wondering if there'll be a mid-run refresh with new art that might look better.

Ewwww, get the Pro and save even more money, its the better game

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Haven't played either the pro or the prem, but have heard and read a lot of praise for the premium. What in particular don't you like?

Funny I've heard the exact opposite.

I don't like the issue with the way the left orbit doesn't flow correctly, the ball gets hung up on almost every GOT.
The min PF is too big and obscures allot of the shots
It also really change the flow and feel of the game for the worse IMO
I also dont find that the min PF adds enough value from a gameplay perspective to make all the negatives above worthwhile. What is a tough and fast game in the Pro, feel clunky and slow in the Prem/LE

FastEd

Sep 5, 2014
Toronto

I don't like the issue with the way the left orbit doesn't flow correctly, the ball gets hung up on almost every GOT.
I also dont find that the min PF adds enough value from a gameplay perspective to make all the negatives above worthwhile. What is a tough and fast game in the Pro, feel clunky and slow in the Prem/LE

I wonder for tournaments the Pro would be a better pin, while for home use, the Premium / LE would have more lasting value?

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I wonder for tournaments the Pro would be a better pin, while for home use, the Premium / LE would have more lasting value?
Likely, but the prem/le really leaves a lot to desire. The mini pf, while playable, is s huge hinderance of ball view. It covers way too much. If you hit a soft orbit shot, you are now waiting for a surprise exit from potentially either side, sadly you just don't know which.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
It covers way too much. If you hit a soft orbit shot, you are now waiting for a surprise exit from potentially either side, sadly you just don't know which.

It doesn't take long to get the feel for your shots, I'm far from a professional player and I never feel lost as to where the ball comes from. Play it enough and it won't seem to big.

The left orbit is fixable and works fairly well in my game, next time I have the throne off I will remove the top lane rubbers and make it better.

The flow does change on the game, but I think for the better. The pro game has to much going on at the kickback shot and the pre/LE does a better job of dividing the shots up. There's better gameplay variation and less redundancy on the pre/LE. You can use more strategy on the pre/LE that is limited in the pro.

The added benefit of the mini Playfield is worth it. You can add time to modes, collect castles, complete mode shots, and get an extra multiball up there.

Not to mention the full colour changing lights. There's no way the pro has anything close to the light show of the pre/LE. That adds enough to the overall experience to make it worth it.

I don't plan on selling, but if anyone is in Kitchener and wants to give the premium a try let me know. I'd be happy to show you the benifits of the premium game while you kick my ass. My top score is just over a billion and I've not even made it to the iron throne yet.

Reactions: pingod and Jeff K.

pingod

Dec 14, 2012
Calgary,Alberta
Pre/LE is the way to go if you want the extra features,lots of that stuff missing on a pro.
I have played both,prefer LE artwork,so bought the LE.
Great Game IMG_1658.JPG

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
Nope, I don't like picking up pins unless a road trip is involved apparently!! o_Oo_O

Got mine from a town just outside of Rochester via Pinside.