• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gold Wings switches not responding

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Hello everyone, My games been running great for the past 2 weeks and I got to play a good couple hours each weekend with friends. The game erased some high scores but kept the 2 top scores but erased the rest which I thought was funny but didn't think anything of it. On Sunday the game would start as normal and once the ball is in play the game ends like the slam door switch was activated. I flicked the switch a couple of times and then I got the game going for a bit but then it would repeat the same problem.

Now the game doesn't start because the switch in the drain hole doesn't activate when the ball goes over the rollover switch to kick it into the ball release shooter lane. (in test mode the kickers work) Also a bunch of other switches stopped working.
The top middle rollover switch for the multiplier doesn't respond when pressed.
The spot targets 1,4,7 don't respond when pressed.
The multiball ball activate rollunder gate wireform switch doesn't respond.
The vertical loop rollunder gate wireform switch doesn't respond.

Went into test mode got the following response.
Lamps are good and working
relay + solenoid are good and working
switch matrix 44, 46, 56 are flashing
dip switch 4B 07 07 CB
Display test good
Memory Test good
Game prom check sum Prom 1 E2E8

Thank you,
Kevin

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Make sure the coin switches are not shorting to ground inside the coin door.

Then, I would start by measuring the +5V arriving on MPU, from the power supply.
With the power OFF, I would also check the switch matrix connectors 1J5 & 1J6 on the MPU
to ensure there are no corroded or broken pins.
Also would check the finger connectors for cleanliness on 1J5 & 1J6 on the MPU board itself, both sides of the board.

If nothing is found by the above checks, then I would use a logic probe, get the manual/schematic and probe the
switch matrix to see where the issue is (could be with a TTL or RIOT chip on the board.

Good Luck !
- Sylvain.

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
After staring at my game everyday I finally found the problem. The last wire on that board was shredded and broken off. I snipped off the cut part and reinserted the wire and tada everything works again!

But now the sound keeps cutting in and out and sometimes no sound at all... This machine really wants to educate me instead of play with me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Menace