• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gorgar weak solenoids

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
I've been having an issue for some time with Gorgar. I have thirteen games set up in the basement with about two to four games per outlet on power bars. If Gorgar is the only game turned on and playing, the coils are all plenty strong. The out hole kicker almost kicks the ball through the side of the game! However, if all thirteen games are on in attract mode and Gorgar is played, the coils become very noticeably weaker. The outhole kicker actually struggles to get the ball to the shooter lane, and the drop target reset cant reset the targets at all. Could the coil bridge rectifier be the issue here?

Thanks

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Hmmm, can you first measure the actual AC line voltage entering Gorgar,
as well as the DC Solenoid voltage in it:
a- when the machine is alone powered-up;
b- when all other machines are on and in attract mode.

I suspect you may have a low AC line voltage condition/electrical wiring or issue in your basement,
which might cause low solenoid voltage on Gorgar when all machines are on.
I would not suspect bridge rectifiers in Gorgar at this stage yet.

Cheers,
- Sylvain.

Shock_me

Nov 16, 2012
Bathurst, N.B.
Sylvan, I suspect you're right about the home voltage. I've got 115v ac with just Gorgar turned on and 109v ac with all the games in attract mode :( Any way to get around this?

Allan

Jan 16, 2014
Binbrook
Run a separate line from the fuse panel,it is not good to run a line that low,what is the voltage on the lines with everything shut off?