• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FOUND Jurassic Park Premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lva39

Aug 26, 2023
Barrie
Just throwing it out there to see if anyone in the Barrie or GTA are looking to sell one. Thanks!

Lva39

Aug 26, 2023
Barrie
Thanks! He seems pretty firm on price and a I’ve seen lower plays and mods on recent JP sales for $10,500 and $10,800.

Thanks again!

Reactions: gunner007

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Is JP really that good! It sucks not living somewhere where you can play these games before buying. I really enjoy my FF, IM, WW and even my UM. But I hate to spend a huge amount of money on something and then it sucks. I've been lucky so far.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Is JP really that good! It sucks not living somewhere where you can play these games before buying. I really enjoy my FF, IM, WW and even my UM. But I hate to spend a huge amount of money on something and then it sucks. I've been lucky so far.
Yes, it is. It's a great game to try to get progression in. I still play mine quite a bit.

Lva39

Aug 26, 2023
Barrie
I feel like it’s arguably the best coded game ever. Sooo much to do in it and channels that inner pinball maniac if you try to go deep.

Definitely not the same flow as a FF but you can hit some good combos. I regret getting rid of my pro awhile back. Should have held on until I upgraded to the premium.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Just take a short drive to Ottawa on a weekend. :)

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Maple has a JP premium that you can play on Friday nights. Not for sale, sorry Lorenzo... but for anyone looking to play one and see what all the fuss is about. I love JP and it's the one Stern I want to add to my collection sometime soon (Pro preferably, lol).

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
I've had JP for 4 years, played it yesterday and still quite often. It's hard, but still great to play.
What would be the top 5 hardest new Sterns? Easiest five? I had a TMNT and it was hard, but mean too. Not very fun IMO. JP always feels fun even when it kicks you in the balls.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
I've not played most of the new Sterns, so I can't answer that question. What I can say is JP regularly kicks my ass, but when you initiate CHAOS or launch the missile (hitting the target in the pops area) successfully, it is very exciting, not to mention hitting the trex and it eats your ball...saving staff is fun as it getting to the tougher paddocks. I wish the right ramp and orbit are not so tight, but it is very satisfying when you do hit them...and putting the movie code on it is a must!!!

Another tough Stern is Rush...and that is bolted because it is so good, very hard to get billion and I'm a hugh Rush fan. I'm loving JAWS and it's a little easier than Rush and JP.

I LOVED Metallica, but beat it 4 times...got bored relatively quickly with Aerosmith. ...and if I had a 10 pin collection Spiderman would be back in the house as would ACDC.

Reactions: Perry L

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
I've not played most of the new Sterns, so I can't answer that question. What I can say is JP regularly kicks my ass, but when you initiate CHAOS or launch the missile (hitting the target in the pops area) successfully, it is very exciting, not to mention hitting the trex and it eats your ball...saving staff is fun as it getting to the tougher paddocks. I wish the right ramp and orbit are not so tight, but it is very satisfying when you do hit them...and putting the movie code on it is a must!!!

Another tough Stern is Rush...and that is bolted because it is so good, very hard to get billion and I'm a hugh Rush fan. I'm loving JAWS and it's a little easier than Rush and JP.

I LOVED Metallica, but beat it 4 times...got bored relatively quickly with Aerosmith. ...and if I had a 10 pin collection Spiderman would be back in the house as would ACDC.
Rush(pro or premium) vs JP? Your opinion as a Rush fan? I'm a rush fan, and we like our music pins. Mind you I think we can probably find a JP cheaper and easier than a Rush I think.

ritewhereiwant2b

Dec 22, 2013
Oakville
Can't go wrong with either!!! Rush is a top three band for me, seen them live like 6 times, I'm a drummer...so, very strong theme for me. A buddy has a pro and loves it. I have an LE and love it, but pro is great.

JP is not even a top 10 movie for me, but epic for sure...then there is the Elwin factor, it's a great pin.

Honestly, when either one pops up at a competitive price, grab it...

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
I have only had limited exposure to JP but with the initial reveal I didn't like that it seemed to be a 'Jurassic Park the Video Game - Pinball'. It seemed to be the callouts and character that didn't match up with the OG film. Does the movie code remedy some or most of this? Did anyone else get that sense when playing it? I am having my DE JP fully restored (from cabinet to full PinSound) and on the fence as to keeping it once done, or considering a JP PRE. The PinSound options for the DE JP are quite impressive for that classic. ;)

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
JP was never based on the movie storyline. It’s an alternate story based on the same time period as the movie events. Movie code makes the game kinda stupid with irrelevant movie lines when it should be directions on where to shoot the ball or what to do next. Also totally irrelevant to hear the kids or other characters that have nothing to do with the gameplay.

Movie code does make the game more palatable for those with short attention spans though. Never understood why it has to be the same as the movie. If I want the movie I’ll just freakin watch it. But that’s just me.

JAWS does not follow the movie plot/timeline. Ppl are ok with that since there are movie clips and quotes. But there were only 3 actors to compensate (of which 2 are dead) as opposed to JP which would have had around 10.

Licensing is complex, especially when you want actual scenes and quotes from specific actors.

Reactions: curlyhoward
Status
Not open for further replies.