• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

NEW: X-Arcade Tankstick + Trackball - $169.99

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Re: NEW: X-Arcade Tankstick Trackball - $169.99

Ya, that's a pretty great price. I don't know about quality, I've never used a tank stick before. compared to a DIY build this is very inexpensive. Unless you want a custom look this is a great idea.

Approx price

2 joysticks @ $15 ea
Trackball $80-$100
18 buttons @ $2 ea
Ipac2 board $50
Wire. +/- $10

Over $200 total before adding in the cost and labour of building a wooden box to put them in.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
Luckydogg420 said:
Ya, that's a pretty great price. I don't know about quality, I've never used a tank stick before.

I've also never used one so what I have to say is only secondary information. I've never heard a good thing about the quality though. It isn't uncommon for people to gut them and replace the buttons and joys with quality parts. The biggest complaint I've continuously heard is about the joysticks. They are not known to be good for much. Apparently the encoder and everything else works just fine though. Again only secondary information but it seems to be a reoccurring topic on byoac and the likes.

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada

I had one a few years back and the controls were junk, especially the TB IMO. The switches were not even compatible with standard Cherry switches back then. Don't waste your money!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

I remember when they first started out they were using real arcade-quality parts (by HAPP I believe).. chances are by now they've sourced to China for the cheapest stuff they can find. It's a shame to hear the quality has gone downhill