• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball News: The Avengers Pro In-Depth Review

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I know this was posted earlier this week and thought I would share in case anyone missed it or is on the fence about buying an Avengers Pro/LE. Remember contact our leader Brock aka REVOLUTION for best NIB Stern Pricing and free delivery if you are in the GTA area :p

001.jpg

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/avengers/index5.html

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Meh, I'm under impressed with Avengers thus far, the layout is cool and I like the shots, but as is the norm with Stern these days software is the games downfall.

The vibe from the tournament community thus far is "Whole Lotta Loki" There is no point in doing anything on this game other then shooting the left loop, it spots hawkeye, awards a loki letter and possibly locks a ball. I know it's all I do when I play it.

Outside of tournament mode, the only other thing with doing is banging away on the mystery targets as they award, hold bonus and hold bonus X. Every massive score out there right now (300mil or so) is done because of that bug in the software. People are getting 50 - 100 mil off bonus alone.

Overall I say the extremely repetitive nature of the game is really boring.

Shoot Widow 4 times to start it, shoot it 7 more times to start to complete it now shoot it 4 more times to get vs mode. Now that your done that, now go shoot right orbit, 4 ironman shots, 7 more ironman shots, 4 more iron man shots.

I'd almost rather watch paint dry, it's IJ4 all over again which a much cooler layout.