• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

WTB Scrap Circuit Boards

Cariba

Aug 12, 2022
Mississauga Canada
Hello All,

I am looking for just a few scrap and unwanted (preferably Pinball) boards to practice de-soldering; as I need to replace a chip from a bally CPU.

Any help would be appreciated, willing to pay some minor amount for them.

Thanks,

dnaman

Oct 1, 2014
London, Canada
If you don't think that you will be doing many of these and don't want to chance it, send the board(s) to Brent. Get it done right, the first time and you won't mess up the boards. ;)

I can share his contact info if interested, I l would l just need to check my emails.

SolidStates

Aug 25, 2024
Ontario
I have a couple you can have for free, I'll send you a message. I think I have a dead Bally board (79-81 era) you can practice on

Last edited:

Cariba

Aug 12, 2022
Mississauga Canada
If you don't think that you will be doing many of these and don't want to chance it, send the board(s) to Brent. Get it done right, the first time and you won't mess up the boards. ;)

I can share his contact info if interested, I l would l just need to check my emails.
Yeah I hear you, I don't mind seeing how I do in the practice sessions first at least, then if needed might go that route, I'd really like to be able to do myself and excited to get better at.

I don't mind doing this type of work and repairs, what I may not be able to do, nor have proper equipment for, is trouble shooting circuit boards.

In this case however, I already know it's just a "simple" chip swap (add a socket) to prevent a bulb flickering issue with the new/correct chip, not corrosion or anything like that (where I don't even know where all the damaged components are).