• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Solar City EM - No flippers

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
So I got a message from a friend saying they bought a pinball machine and the flippers don't work. She doesn't know nothing about pinball machines and wanted me to fix it for her. The only problem is she's in Toronto and I'm about an hour out (assuming no traffic) so I haven't got a chance to go down and look at it. I'm also hoping to not have to make multiple trips.

Having only worked on a pitch and bat em I'm not familiar with them so I come seeking guidance on what I should be looking for. She emailed me some crappy pics of some schematics for me to look at: https://plus.google.com/photos/1031...ms/5950758300649748369?authkey=CM3Qn4_g4eGpFQ.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I'd start with checking power at fuses, buttons and coils. Look for switches not making contact.

For me troubleshooting is mostly trial and error. I'd try to bring any parts that you might need. But it's probably going to be multiple trips if you have to order parts. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I guess what I'm really curious about is whether or not the operation of flippers would be the same between electromechanical machines and solid state machines (which I'm familiar with trouble shooting).

Sent from my Nexus 4

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
There relatively the same. Although I've only worked on 2 em games. I haven't came across any funky relays or anything with them. The flipper circuit is fairly straight forward

Allan

Jan 16, 2014
Binbrook
AX ,R and H relays on Gottlieb EM machines route power to the flippers,once in a while a pin on a Jones plug fails