• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Stranger Things Pro current value/price?

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
What would be the going rate for a Stranger Things Pro on the used market? I see a couple Premiums that were listed earlier this year, but very little to go on with the Pro. I prefer the Pro over Premium on Stranger Things.

Lva39

Aug 26, 2023
Barrie
I’m thinking the range is $8k -$9k but I feel like that’s the range for most desired used pros these days. Obvi condition and mods will impact that. After the last run the game definitely doesn’t command the same premium as it once did. My two cents.

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
...desired used pros... I think this sums it up. Like a Jurassic Park Pro or Godzilla Pro... and unlike a TMNT Pro or Mando Pro.

Curious, about what you said of how it commands less of a premium after the last run... is that meant to be just because there are more of them out there now? Or were there quality issues with one of the runs?

Anyone been into Player One's showroom lately? Do they have their Stranger Things Pro floor model heavily discounted?

Lva39

Aug 26, 2023
Barrie
It was initially a low run with bad reviews, but the code kept improving and it grew in popularity which drove up the price. After the last run it feels like the price dropped with increased supply. Obvi current market conditions also impacted pricing. My thoughts.

I was there Wednesday and they only had a premium floor model. It was priced at $12,590 less $1300 discount (probably could get that to $1,500). Plus HST.

Pins4ever

Feb 24, 2020
Calgary
Got to go with Premium on this. PRO is just too bare. You want the UV and light kit too.
It's a pin like no other when you play it with low lighting and a sub. Very immersive pin that everyone loves to play.

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
It was initially a low run with bad reviews, but the code kept improving and it grew in popularity which drove up the price. After the last run it feels like the price dropped with increased supply. Obvi current market conditions also impacted pricing. My thoughts.

I was there Wednesday and they only had a premium floor model. It was priced at $12,590 less $1300 discount (probably could get that to $1,500). Plus HST.
So 12590 -1300?

AlexRogan84

Dec 4, 2020
Guelph
Granted the sample size for me isn't large, but the times I've played a premium, the lock ball mechanism / magnet has not worked well. Like if you only just dribble a ball to the top of the ramp and it doesn't trigger the mechanism and magnet quite right, it comes back down the ramp and heads SDTM. Is that just a game poorly set-up or a known issue?

The physical ball lock and the projector shining images on the ramp are the main things added with the premium, correct? Or are there other things too?

I personally think there is too much emphasis or focus placed on whether the middle of a playfield is bare versus busy or cluttered. Attack from Mars, Stranger Things' parent so to speak, is equally barren and yet it's one of the greatest games every made. A game like Turtles has a busy middle and it's terribly difficult and antagonizing. No Fear is barren and lightning quick and fun. The Shadow has a busy front left and poorly aimed shots to that left ramp has the ball going airborne right over the flippers into the trough, which is no fun at all. It seems to me like busy playfields mean the game can't be fast and furious and STILL enjoyable. Take BKSOR for example, you only get half a playfield to shoot at and it is crazy quick and absolutely BRUTAL. It's weirdly fun though like in a glutton for punishment kind of way, lol. I really liked Led Zeppelin as well with or without the spinner thing in the middle, yet everyone hated on that game because it was too bare in the middle. I think it just depends on the individual game and the person playing it and whether they like it or not. Less so basing opinions on YouTube videos. All the more reason to play 'em for real at a place liked AntiSocial.

Reactions: gunner007

Wildcats50

Oct 6, 2017
Whitby
I have a pro with the uv kit installed and it’s the most played game in my collection of 12. I like because the rule set in east to follow not like some of the new games where I need to take a day of work and hire a tutor to figure out all the shots and rules

• Haha
Reactions: dnaman

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
I have a pro with the uv kit installed and it’s the most played game in my collection of 12. I like because the rule set in east to follow not like some of the new games where I need to take a day of work and hire a tutor to figure out all the shots and rules
Yeah I hate to admit that I suck at iron maiden because of that problem. While foo is simple and fun.